Sickness bugs.. does every1 react differently?

L

Laura--x

My sickness phobia is going crazy lately with this horrid bug going round so im after some answers to try and make me feel better! :rofl:

Can they affect people differently? As in, it can make one person sick several times in 24 hours, bt another person just once or twice?

At first i was reading peoples facebook status's of it just being a 24hour thing being sick just once or twice but feeling rough, now im reading alot of being up all night puking their guts up and feeling bad for the next 3 days or so!

Ah man im so on edge i can't relax! Every night i brace myself of suddenly either me or maisie waking up and being ill. So so stupid :dohh:

Yeah course.. Im made of steel in this house. Chloe and Jaycee get ill and they pass it on to everyone, mum, dad, sister, brother, niece and I very rarely pick things up. But when I do im usually in bed and cant move.

i dont understand i read about people not being sick for 10 years or so.. i just dont know how anyone can avoid it !

It definitely does..

TMI ALERT!!

I had the sickness bug a few weeks ago.. I had the poops for 2 days, felt rough for 8 days but was only sick 3 times in the whole 8 days.

My OH caught it after me, he was sick for 2 days.. Had the poops for one days and felt rough for 2 days.

My mum then got it.. She was sick for 3 days poops for 1 day rough for few days.

My dad had it.. Poops for 1 day rough for 7 days and no sickness at all.

I had convinced myself that we all had different bugs and that they were all gonna mate and make some kind of superbug that would kill us all off :haha:

Yes it is possible. Molly had it on Weds, was sick 5 times, no poops. I had it on Friday, sick 7 times and 1 poop. Hubby, FIL and my mum all avoided it but MIL got it! So it can vary.

It definitely does..

TMI ALERT!!

I had the sickness bug a few weeks ago.. I had the poops for 2 days, felt rough for 8 days but was only sick 3 times in the whole 8 days.

My OH caught it after me, he was sick for 2 days.. Had the poops for one days and felt rough for 2 days.

My mum then got it.. She was sick for 3 days poops for 1 day rough for few days.

My dad had it.. Poops for 1 day rough for 7 days and no sickness at all.

I had convinced myself that we all had different bugs and that they were all gonna mate and make some kind of superbug that would kill us all off :haha:

that sounds awful!!

Well a few weeks ago too ( well around 4-6 weeks ) my mum and dad had the same !! My mum was ill for over 2 weeks, my dad was feeling really sick and bad belly for 1 day but kept feeling nauseous on and off for about a week after, and i kept feeling nauseous for a week too!!

Wonder if it was the same bug?! And about 3 weeks ago maisie was sick on tues night then twice wednesday morning. I hope thats that bug gone and we dont catch anymore :D x

I envy those who only get sick a few times! If I get a stomach bug, I am throwing up at least once every hour for 24-48hrs, sometimes more. After the first few hours it is mostly dry heaves and stomach acid but I think that is worse that actually throwing up!

Last year when I caught the bug, I was throwing up every 15 minutes and I stayed on the bathroom floor for an entire day. I am miserable when I am sick, achey, high fever, headache, I cry and pray for death.

I never catch d&v anymore, think my immune system is used to it cos I work in the hosp but I have managed to give it to oh even though I never had it :s

oh definitely, my OH was sick and diarrhea for two days and in bed, my little girl was sick once and a couple of poops but still managing to run around.

i felt a little rough for a day ish but no poops and sickness.

either girls are just better at dealing with illness, or it affected all of us differently :p

I think it probably does. I've had it three times and it has affected me the same each time. I have a huge phobia of vomiting so I dread it when I hear people saying it's going round again. When I had it I was being sick about five times an hour from about 6pm til 4am. In the end I was just chucking up water, it was horrendous. I really really hope I don't catch it again EVER or at least not anytime soon!

yes, especially if you have pre-existing condition. My son have asthma, but when he get a simple head cold, watch out, it could send him to the hospital because it will keep flaring his asthma. It like a cycle: if the asthma is treated, It will keep coming back as long as the virus is there. At one point, he had to be on oxygen because his level went down below 90.

i dont understand i read about people not being sick for 10 years or so.. i just dont know how anyone can avoid it !

they probably do get sick, but it is just a sniffle to them. My MIL told me since her kids left the house, she haven't had a cold for a LONG time. Some people learned not to touch their face ever as it could give them a cold.

It does... There;s one in our house now :( And I've got a proper phobia of it :(
Connor had it first, he was sick 3 times, and had the runs for a few days. I've been feeling sick for a few days, had a dodgy feeling stomach but thats it. my mum was sick all night. And my brother has been all day feeling sick :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->