Sickness during section?

Zizzle

Reaction score
I saw a thread in the labour and birth forum about sickness during labour and was wondering if it happens much during sections? I had a emergency section with my DS and was put to sleep during it so have no clue if it's common to throw up. Im planning to have an elective section with no2 which I'll be awake for. I have emetophobia so really hoping this isnt the case ha.

Its possible but generally if you tell them that you feel sick they will put something in your IV to prevent vomiting. They may be able to give it to you just as a preventative measure give your emetophobia....definitely worth bringing up with your doctor.

Oh can they do that? I'll definitely ask, thank you!

yes I was very sick last time under general, only know because they told me obviously, but i was sick after too. This time they will give me an anti sickness med before they put me to sleep so assume they can do same with epidural/spinal x

Oh no! Poor thing. I didn't even know you could be sick under a general. Thank you honey, I'll definitely talk to them.

Yup, I was feeling sick a couple times, most likely to do with the fact I was scheduled for 8am and didn't get into theatre until 3:30pm :growlmad: They just gave me some stuff in my I/V and tilted the table differently :)

That's awful, you must have been so hungry! How long do you have to hold off eating before?

I struggle to do that unpregnant, let alone pregnant! I was an eating machine last time.

I know what you mean. I scoffed some food around 9pm the night before :(. Then they made me WAIT for toast! :growlmad:

They said it was normal to feel sick but if I did, I was to let them know and they'd put an anti-sickness in my drip... :thumbup:

I didn't during my section, but I felt really sick for hours afterwards.

I was given drugs to make my uterus contract after section, and I was violently sick on that drug. Throwing up and being asked to keep still while they are sewing me up was a hard one!!,

I'm definitely going to discuss it with my dr before the big event!

I was given a really salty shot of something right before the csection which was supposed to prevent vomiting
When I was in recovery and the spinal started to wear off, I ended up really nauseus and got the shakes really badly. They gave me a shot of gravol and some cold cloths but it still took a good hour and a half for the sickness and shaking to pass.
Just make sure you tell them if you start to feel sick so they can give you the anti sickness drugs asap and help you before you puke :)

I vommited as soon as i got into the recovery room after my section, anti sickness didnt seem to work for me as i also had a bad reaction to the morphine they gave me the next day and felt sooo sick they gave me 2 different types of anti sickness IV and i still was feeling terrible so i just didnt have anything but codydramol, paracetomol etc after that and was fine.

I vomited during my c section. I was told I may feel sick, but I didn't actually feel sick it just hit me all of a sudden without warning. It was just after I saw LO for the first time :cry:

You can get sick during csection, but it's normally due to blood pressure going a bit too low. Spinal anaesthesia increases the risk of this happening. I felt very light-headed and nauseous when I had mine last week but as soon as I told the anaesthetist, he put something in my drip line to bring my blood pressure up and it worked within a minute or two.

You can get sick during csection, but it's normally due to blood pressure going a bit too low. Spinal anaesthesia increases the risk of this happening. I felt very light-headed and nauseous when I had mine last week but as soon as I told the anaesthetist, he put something in my drip line to bring my blood pressure up and it worked within a minute or two.

I think thats what happened to me. As soon as I saw my LO I relaxed and my blood pressure dropped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->