Sign language help again please

beth_terri

Reaction score
Just posting in here for quicker response. Sorry admin.

I've got my final exam on Thursday with a real deaf person and I've forgotten a few words!!

How do I say 'sit' and equal??

Out of the whole sentence 'in deaf culture people sit in a circle so they can sign to each other', and the only word I cant sign is sit lol.

Then I've got to talk about equal opportunities and discrimination and the word I can't remember is equal!

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help :flower:

Maybe this would be helpful...?

https://www.british-sign.co.uk/british-sign-language/dictionary/

Thread moved
Forums are subject specific. Threads must be made in the relevant areas and remain on-topic.

Sit is hands overlap each other and go down like sitting down.

Equal is hands cup and the tips of fingers tap together however equality is finger tips touch and one hand whichever is your prominent sign hand moves away

Hope these make sense which level are you?

Aww awesome. I am sitting my level 2 so if we can help each other that would be fun :)

Is it BSL your doing? Im doing OCSL (open college of sign langage) x

Yeah BSL. There's not much difference I don't think. I'm in Scotland and my tutor is in England so makes for confusing and fun learning :cry:

Just thought I'd let you know I passed my exam this morning :)

She threw me off a little sneaking a couple of questions in that weren't on the exam question sheet, such as what's my mobile number. I'm a bit shaky on my numbers and have actually never practiced my mobile number of all things but I managed it fine lol. And I think she was shocked to learn that i have two children at my age lol.

I had to ask her to repeat two questions as I've never seen anyone sign so fast, obviously from never speaking to a deaf person before.

But it was good :)

X

Glad to hear you passed.

Yeah the deaf sign very fast my tutor is deaf (has a hearing aid in one ear but switches it off. Our lessons) and he signs so fast! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->