A

aob1013

Hi guys,

Just had a thought earlier - it is maybe a bit OTT but just a suggestion.

Have you ever thought about a sign up fee? Only something small, like £1-2 or something? It would deter trouble makers as they wouldn't want to spend the money or be bothered to sign up.

I'd gladly pay, and it can also go towards the running of the forum - i use Baby and Bump daily, and it has given me so much support and help. It's the best of the lot on the net in my opinion - and i would love to help keep it running.

Just a suggestion! :flower:

Before ever on coming on bnb if there was a sign up fee i just wouldnt of bothered tbh too many free ones out there , now i am a long standing member if there was a donation thing i would donate x

I would think it would be bad because if there was a teenager who thought she was pregnant and possibly couldn't afford even a pregnancy test, we wouldn't want her to not get the help she needs, you know?

Plus, there are plenty of people who can't pay for things online (like, still using checks, etc).

I suppose so, i'm just trying to think of a deterrent iykwim?!

i think it would make a lot of people not want to use it...including myself...young teens can't pay because there isn't a way to pay and some don't want their parents knowing about things that might be going on in their pregnancy (if they want an abortion and are looking for advice for example)...

personally if it was my website i had built up from nothing im not sure id want people to pay towards it incase it started a kinda "i paid therefore i should get my own way" attitude tho following on from the other post that SC said it can cost like $2000 to keep the site going i can understand people wanting to help...and if there was ever a way to do it i'd do it without hesitation now that i see how good this forum is compeared to some others ive seen and joined before settling here.

i think using online forums theres always gonna be the odd troll or 2 and to be honest i know ive not used BnB as long as some of you guys but i think its pretty well policed in that way you get freedom of speech without people being picked on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->