Signed our consent today - Starting IVF

Flipperty

Reaction score
All our tests have come back fine but nothing has happened for us naturally... been trying over 2 years now....

Had clomid and metformin last year with NHS - no joy.....

So now we have bitten the bullet and gone private for IVF.

If everything is fine with us why do we need help :shrug: it just doesn't make sense - or seem fair.... :nope:

Anyway I had to get my weight down - and I have - in 3 months - whilst I had more tests done I have lost 20 odd lbs - amazing what you can do when you want something so bad! I'm really quite proud of myself. :happydance: But I still have a lot more to lose so I am on a quest ( I gained lots wilst on the clomid/metformin combo!

Had scan today and I am on day 11 of my cycle, there are 5 follicles in my left ovary and 6 in my right - I was told this is average - and excellent for a woman of my age - 39, almost 40. But it seems such a few Is this right? This is with no medication

My fsh level for the last 3 cycles was 8 and 9, I am told this is very good and encouraging.

Hubbys sperm count had been low 25% then ok ish 37% then now we are told it's fine :thumbup: he has been told to reduce drinking and smoking and miscarriage has been mentioned as being a higher risk if he smokes and drinks too much, has anyone else heard this? I don't smoke and hardly drink much

We are all signed up but we just need a few more bloods taken then we start and I have to go to learn about injecting and my drugs - they are saying I will possibly start this month.... I am so, so excited but nervous.....

Any advice / experience as to what to expect and what your thoughts are on my results would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance xxx: flower:

Hi Flipperty,

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to wish you well and say good luck! (Not to mention congrats on the weight loss...that's awesome!)

Lots of :dust: to you and your hubby!!

Hi Flipperty,

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to wish you well and say good luck! (Not to mention congrats on the weight loss...that's awesome!)

Lots of :dust: to you and your hubby!!

Thanks Ceilani :flower:

Lots of :dust: to you to you too xxx

I am going for my consultation this weekend too, so here wishing you baby dust! Good luck! :)

yes it is not typical to get 20s LOL... besides you want to focus on quality, not quantity

yes it is not typical to get 20s LOL... besides you want to focus on quality, not quantity

LOL yes you are right, that is always best.... :thumbup: Just like my hubby says it's not the size that matters :winkwink: :haha: lol xx

Just to wish you luck and I will also stalk if you do not mind

Your FSH is great, mine was 16, 9, 12.9, 14.3 and most recently 8 after I increased my COQ10 intake. With these numbers NHS is refusing finding so we may have go privately as well but I am still hoping that with my lifestyle changes we can get it down.

Do you mind me asking what clinic are you with?

Good luck with your journey. Why not come and join us on the Assisted Conception boards for more support with your IVF journey.

Hi Izzie74 i have posted over there :thumbup:

Hi Briss, sadly we have had to go private as there is no NHS help available to us.

I lost 25lbs in order to get my BMI in a better place.... I am hoping this is good enough to help us get us our baby :baby:

:dust: and good luck with your journey xxx

All our tests have come back fine but nothing has happened for us naturally... been trying over 2 years now....

Had clomid and metformin last year with NHS - no joy.....

So now we have bitten the bullet and gone private for IVF.

If everything is fine with us why do we need help :shrug: it just doesn't make sense - or seem fair.... :nope:

Anyway I had to get my weight down - and I have - in 3 months - whilst I had more tests done I have lost 20 odd lbs - amazing what you can do when you want something so bad! I'm really quite proud of myself. :happydance: But I still have a lot more to lose so I am on a quest ( I gained lots wilst on the clomid/metformin combo!

Had scan today and I am on day 11 of my cycle, there are 5 follicles in my left ovary and 6 in my right - I was told this is average - and excellent for a woman of my age - 39, almost 40. But it seems such a few Is this right? This is with no medication

My fsh level for the last 3 cycles was 8 and 9, I am told this is very good and encouraging.

Hubbys sperm count had been low 25% then ok ish 37% then now we are told it's fine :thumbup: he has been told to reduce drinking and smoking and miscarriage has been mentioned as being a higher risk if he smokes and drinks too much, has anyone else heard this? I don't smoke and hardly drink much

We are all signed up but we just need a few more bloods taken then we start and I have to go to learn about injecting and my drugs - they are saying I will possibly start this month.... I am so, so excited but nervous.....

Any advice / experience as to what to expect and what your thoughts are on my results would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance xxx: flower:
Good Luck!! I too will be saving for IVF the next few months. I went into my RE to discuss doing one more IUI & he said to try Femara this round then onto IVF

The success rates are so much higher & I really believe it will work

I will be watching your journey! Don't be nervous soon really soon you wil be pregnant!!!!

Thanks 2blue :flower:

Good luck with your next step :hugs:

I have just updated my IVF journey thread - I started my stimming tonight :thumbup:

Love and :dust: to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->