Signs of Labor (Early Stages)

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Came across this after researching early signs that labor is near and I thought it might help the ladies searching for signs and symptoms cause labor is soooo unpredictable.

Early Labor Sign 1 : Spontaneous Rupture of Membranes (waters breaking)
Some indicators that waters has broken :
- Having no control over the flow
- A panty liner is inadequate to absorb the fluid
- The pad is wet more than once
- It doesn't smell like urine

Early Labor Sign 2 : Pre Labor Contractions (Braxton Hicks)
- Your contractions are irregular
- Contractions aren't getting increasingly stronger
- A change in position, massage, walking, eating or drinking relieves or stops the contractions
- The contractions are short or may last a couple of minutes

Early Labor Sign 3 : Loss of Mucus Plug/Bloody Show
It may be watery or sticky and be jelly-like in appearance, and sometimes has a brown, pink or red tinge to it. Some describe it as looking like a blob of semen and it may be as big as a 50 cent coin or more. The show may occur over several days and sometimes you can lose your show up to two weeks before labour starts. Most women who do notice their show will go into labour over the following few days.

Early Labor Sign 4 : Involuntary Shivering
Even if you are not cold, you may experience shivering or trembling in early labour.

Early Labor Sign 5 : Lightening
When your baby has dropped and settled deeper into your pelvis, you might notice that you can breathe a little easier than before. This happens because it relieves some pressure on your diaphragm. However, as a pay off, you may then feel more pressure on your bladder, which means more trips to the bathroom!

Early Labor Sign 6 : Diarrhoea
In the days prior to birth, production of prostaglandin will stimulate your bowels to open more frequently. As labour approaches, you may notice diarrhoea – the body is naturally emptying the bowels to make way for baby.

Early Labor Sign 7 : Increase Braxton Hicks Contractions
These ‘practice’ contractions which you may have felt during pregnancy may occur more frequently and be more intense and painful. Some women may not feel any Braxton Hicks throughout pregnancy so don’t feel alarmed if you haven’t and this doesn’t mean labour is any further away. Remember, to distinguish Braxton Hicks from labour contractions, note the points from the contractions paragraph – if they are labour contractions and not Braxton Hicks, they need to be getting stronger, regular, closer together and do not stop!

What should I do in early labor?? https://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth/early-labour-tips-suggestions

If anyone would like to read the full site on there own (I put things into my own words or just copy and pasted bits and pieces of it) here is the link https://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/labour-signs-could-i-be-in-early-labour

It was very informative and I actually liked reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->