Silly question: hooded towels necessary?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Wondering if you need hooded towels for a newborn? I do not have left from DS, so will have to purchase towels again,but they grow out of those so quickly.

Was hoping I could purchase toddler sized instead and wrap it around babies head? Baby will be in Caribbean during newborn stage as well and on this particular island it gets a bit too hot and humid.(almost no rainy season)

Do I need hooded towels?:flower: thank you so much!

Nope, absolutely unnecessary!!!! :) even in colder months it just takes a few minutes to use any part of the towel to dry their hair.. I think "kid" towels are a money ploy, that said we have some but that's because I got them at the baby shower. I often use my regular towels on dd!

Also when dd was a newborn I felt like my regular towels were softer and more cozy!

Nope. I got hooded towels but only because I loved them as a kid.

Definitely not necessary I don't think I even used any of the ones we got with DD. They were so small and our regular towels are much softer.

Lol no. But they do look cute after their baths :) we only have had 2 over 3 kids.

Nope! Never used it. Got some, but the hoody is not used.

I loved them!!! And once theyve grown out of them, they make fab towels for your own hair if you hook the hooded bit at the nape of your neck.

LOVE them and still use them on DS, granted he now has the much larger toddler ones. He gets miffed if his hood isn't on just right during the trip from shower to bedroom ;)

Noo!! They're so thin and useless!! Buy more house towels for your bathroom! They're thicker and warmer.

No, but I do love them. I tend to keep my house chilly, so I always use the hood on my babies (and toddlers!). I definitely like the thick terry cloth hooded towels for my toddlers better than the thin baby kind, but I need something for my baby's head for my cold house. And no, I'm not willing to make the house any warmer. I am a hot person. Lol

Nope, totally unnecessary, but I liked using them (yes, some of them can be too thin, I made sure to find ones that were actually decent quality!). I think it's just personal preference, so I wouldn't sweat it! I'm sure whatever you choose would work great!

Noooo!! They are totally USELESS! They're way too thin to actually dry off any excess water from anyone's skin. I really hate them, lol. Just use the towels you have. I know, I know, they're cute, but really they're totally useless.

We had a few different types when DS was tiny. A couple were passed along by some friends, which were large things and were really good and thick enough to take water away. One was a freebie off of Persil in a bounty pack which also turned out to be a good size and did well, had a bonus of being ultra soft. Then we had a couple from a Lidl baby event and they turned out to be absolutely rubbish, not only were they super thin but they seemed more suited for a toy doll.

Don't know whether we'll bother using them this time, as really you don't need them, even if baby looks super cute in the hood after a bath :)

If you buy the right kind, yes! I absolutely love them. <3
I have used them since my son was itty bitty. The soft, thick ones are more expensive but if you're not sure just buy one and see how you personally feel about it.

Probably not necessary but I like them and bought them for DD2 and this baby. I bought normal bath towels for DD1 and wished i'd got the hooded ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->