silly question just needed advice...

Hotmum

Reaction score
I am taking a LOT of vitamins, iron tabs, calcium, aspirin, plus 2 rounds of steroid shots

If my baby girl will born at 30 week with 3ish pounds, with all that ´´special care`` during pregnancy, plus the steroid shots, she still going to be 2 months at the NICU ?

just curious =(

If things dont get any better they will deliver her at almost 31 weeks...

but she got the steroid shots, plus all those vitamins for the past 2 weeks...

No, not nesssrily hunny!
My mum had me at 29 weeks. She said i was only in for a month (we're talking 1986 in a hospital that didnt have a proper SCBU!) so its possible you could only be looking at a few weeks. Also, girlies tend to do better in NICU than boys, somethong my NICU kept telling me.

hey sandi ! thanks hunn =)

i am so afraid still... everyday is a win in the hospital !
I am even contracting !!! something total unexpected !

=( I heard good things about 30 weekers too, a lot of stories about only staying for a month or so... hopefully she does =)

--- how is you new lil one?

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule of thumb. Abby was 29 weeeks and 3lbs 7, had very few problems but was still in for 6 weeks. It not only varies from baby to baby, but from unit to unit. If Abby had been in Edinburgh, we'd have had her home sooner.

Don't be in too much of a rush to have your LO home. She will be in for as long as she needs to be in. It is hard to deal with the day to day visiting and stuff, but you soon get into a routine with it. But it is harder if you are constantly keeping an eye on the calendar. Once I stopped worrying about "when is she getting home" the days passed much more quickly.

It sounds like you're giving her the very best care she could hope for - and that will no doubt help. Fingers crossed it will all go brilliantly.:thumbup::hugs:

It all depends. My son was born at 28.6 weeks, with very little problems, and was in the NICU for 2 months. I was taking vitamins, and received 2 steroid injections.

Don't forget, premature babies also have to learn how to eat, and that can take a while. :hugs:

I wouldn't worry too much about the length of time to get her home to be honest; What's important is you get your baby home healthy and safe. That could be in 1 or 4 months.

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule of thumb. Abby was 29 weeeks and 3lbs 7, had very few problems but was still in for 6 weeks. It not only varies from baby to baby, but from unit to unit. If Abby had been in Edinburgh, we'd have had her home sooner.

Don't be in too much of a rush to have your LO home. She will be in for as long as she needs to be in. It is hard to deal with the day to day visiting and stuff, but you soon get into a routine with it. But it is harder if you are constantly keeping an eye on the calendar. Once I stopped worrying about "when is she getting home" the days passed much more quickly.

It sounds like you're giving her the very best care she could hope for - and that will no doubt help. Fingers crossed it will all go brilliantly.:thumbup::hugs:

thanks I hope it too =)

It all depends. My son was born at 28.6 weeks, with very little problems, and was in the NICU for 2 months. I was taking vitamins, and received 2 steroid injections.

Don't forget, premature babies also have to learn how to eat, and that can take a while. :hugs:

Yeah I know =(

But we still waiting and baking her as much as we can !

everyday is a win right ! they are really keeping me as rested and still...
and honeslty is working ! I still have some symptons, but my BP is totally stable right now... plus the contractions did got better !

We will see...

thanks anyways hunn ! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back