Silly question maybe but have to ask

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
So I'm breast feeding my 3day old baby and watching a comedy and start laughing, look down and realise his little head is bouncing away!! Now I'm worried. Sounds stupid but surely it's not enough to do damage?? Xxx

Thank you, post natal irrational fear setting in lol. I quickly support his head with my other hand because what had set me off had still tickled me! He didn't seem to mind, carried on feeding. Told you it was a really stupid question xxx

I can understand being worried about that. good on you for enjoying your time bfing ha ha. Baby number two i walk around bfing keeping up with my toddler, I am sure she gets very jiggled around. Its all good, she doesn't even wake up or stop nursing!!:haha:

How do you walk and feed? Wow I'm so impressed with that Maxy1!

It's something u learn in time lol it was my sons 3rd bday and I walked around Drayton manor feeding my 6 week old lol

Yeah I haven't mastered that one yet, he's been nursing on and off for the past couple of hours now and I really needed to go to bed, much to his annoyance I had to stop the feed to get up the stairs.

Another one then, not so silly, as I just said he's been nursing for hours now, about 10 minutes on half hour off and so on.

I'm knackered and want sleep, he falls asleep and comes off on his own accord but then wakes up and isn't sleepy but not fussing for more, he's currently lying in his Moses basket fidgeting away sucking on his hand.

Is it he just wants to suck? Surely if he's still hungry he'd be crying?? I'm suffering with quite bad engorgement right now, which I'm persevering through as I've heard there is light at the end of the tunnel.

What would you do if he's not crying for more? Leave him be or change breast and keep going? Xx

as pp said, you just get good at BFing at sitting down and then master the walking around. My LC taught me how to walk and feed.

Its so important that you get your rest when BFing, so don't feel bad about taking LO off the breast. you need to rest to help with your milk supply, reduce your risk of getting mastitis and reduce your risk of falling asleep while feeding LO in an awkward position.

With my first, my midwife really encouraged me to take regular breaks from feeding. So we agreed to feed every 90 minutes. DS would feed for about an hour then when he naturally came off, I would get about 30 minutes to myself (shower, toilet, food, lie on couch n do nothing). I found it really helpful knowing I would get that half an hour. Not to mention my poor nips!!

If he is just rooting around and sucking on his hand, touch his tum. It should feel soft and spongey. If it doesn't, he has gas and the rooting is a sign of gas. You should try some different holds to release the gas. We try about four different methods/holds. And when you are not alone, hand off LO to someone else to burp. I often got DH to burp LO. It gave me a break and let him feel like part of the feeding process. Plus, as a bonus, LO would usually fall asleep on him and he loved it:thumbup:

I fed Corey when ever he wanted to go on, I didn't make him wait, even tho I'm sure he would have been perfectly fine lol
I also co slept, so I think Corey was just happy having cuddles, so after a feed he'd sleep and then I'd be able to nap sitting up, unless my toddler needed me.
Looking back I can't believe I functioned on 3 hours sleep a night and still kept my eldest son alive haha
It gets easier.
I only fed from one breast at a time and the next feed I'd use the other side.
Engorgment hurts like a bitch :(
At my mums wedding I had to fight for him to feed, but he didn't. He was just sleeping all day being held by lots of different people. I was in agony, but that's the only time I really had a problem after the first 4 weeks, it felt totally natural and wasn't painful or a fuss.
You will be able to walk and feed lol altho the standing up with tricky, because Corey would let go seen as his face would get squashed haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->