Simple and filling packed lunch ideas

Bbari2018

Reaction score
I've been constantly buying breakfast and lunch, but I'm beginning to worry about the cleanliness of the food, not to mention the $$$ I spend.

For those working during your pregnancy, what are your favorite lunches you pack?

I tend to pack a really hearty salad with spinach, rotisserie chicken, veggies, maybe some dried fruit and nuts/seeds. As it gets cooler I will start packing soups, stews, and chili.

I can't eat grain so that really limits many of the traditional options.

I do sandwiches with packaged nitrate-free/uncured luncheon meats. Some practitioners advise against eating luncheon meats, but I lived off of them throughout many of my pregnancies. PB&J and similar sandwiches work fine, too. If you have access to a microwave, I love roasting up a ton of veggies in the beginning of the week and then eating them for lunch. I also make a few pounds of meatballs at a time and freeze them, so I can pack some of those with my roasted veggies, maybe add some rice or potatoes, and have a nice meal.

Pasta salads are my favorite because it's been so hot, and I do appreciate a cold lunch. Also, regular salads, of course. ^Krissie's salad ideas sound gooooood.

I also do make a big batch of chili and freeze it in lunch-sized portions so I can just take one out and let it thaw, heat it up, either eating it plain or putting it over tortilla chips with cheese and sour cream... yum... My favorite. Or you can stuff a burrito with it, but that can get pretty messy.

My sister makes a pizza in the beginning of the week and takes a couple of slices to work every day. She also makes and freezes breakfast burritos so she can just thaw it out at night and pop it in the mic the next morning.

If you have access to a microwave, I cook a jacket potato then reheat it at work. Fillings from tuna, cheese, beans, chilli things like that. As we have a microwave at work I have a lot of leftover meals such as spag bol, obviously just check it's cooked thoroughly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->