Simple cake recipe?

Katt

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am looking for simple cake recipes. I love baking but really suck at it - most goes in the bin! So something quick and simple would be great. No fancy ingredients, or any fussiness! Something I can just whizz together and throw in the oven!

Any ideas? :flower:

6oz marge/butter
6oz castor sugar
6oz SR flour
3 eggs
I put a few drops of almond/vanilla extract too

cream marge/butter
add 1 egg at a time with 3rd of flour each time
add the flavouring if you're using it - mix well

grease your cake tin and drop a bit of flour around it to line it - tip out any extra

oven at 180 degrees - dip a matchstick in it after 40 mins - keep checking every now and then - if matchstick comes out clean with no mix on it it's done!

(you can also use this for making 2 thinner cakes and putting some cream and strawberries in the middle when it's cool for a birthday-it'll cook quicker)

Hope this helps!

you can heck out on google or foodnetwork website. i also look online for simple and easy recipes

pretty much what curly123 said. and if i want to make choc cake, i would substitute 1 to 2 oz flour for cocoa powder.

Thanks!

I made it like you said curly123 but added some cocoa powder like miss curly said.

It was yummy! But I think the dtin was a it big, it was quite flat even though it had risen and was slightly overcooked on the outside. I haven't got a smaller tin so next time I think I will use half as much again - do you think thst will work?

i think if you want cake to be thicker then you're either going to have to increase the batter or buy a smaller tin.

the other day i really fancied cake and using that very ratio, of 1 egg: 2 oz flour: 2 oz butter: 2 of sugar.
and stuck it into a silicon muffin tray, and stuck some choc pieces into it. YUM.

Hey glad it worked although yes like miss curly said too that equation works:
1 egg to every 2oz sr flour, 2oz castor sugar, 2oz butter/marge so as long as your tin is the right size it should be fine! I agree don't use half the amount if you want a thicker cake and are going to use the same tin - Get a smaller tin/use more cake mix!

Oh and misscurly I make small batches of cupcakes all the time cause I fancy cake lol!

I also add banana to this with choc chips sometimes and sometimes I add apple and cinnamon (just use a normal apple cut into little pieces the size of your thumb nail and cinnamon to your taste - nice for Xmas!)

I always put anything else I'm adding in a little bowl and toss some flour around it before I put it into the mix - this stops it from sinking to the bottom of the cake when baking!

Let us know how you get on!

My cake recipe is the same for cupcakes and cakes.

8oz butter, caster sugar, self raising flour, 4 eggs, 5ml vanilla extract and a little bit of milk but not always needed depends on the eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->