Single mom. Pregnant again. Still single.

Clairissa_pg

Reaction score
I’m a single mom to three great kids- 14, 11 and nine. I’m also 13 weeks pregnant with an unplanned, number 4. Im very excited and happy, but also very anxious, not just about the baby, bit about telling my kids. I’ve tried to teach them that you need to be careful and that having a baby young, or single or unplanned is not the best way to go. This isn’t going to be easy.

If anyone has any imput at all, I’d love to hear it.

Looks like things are a bit slow in here, but I’m writing at least partly just to get my thoughts down and in order, so while I hope someone replies, I’m not holding my breath on that.

A huge congratulations, I'm delighted for you - and after they get over the initial shock your children will be too.
Dont worry about what you've told them, they are all old enough to understand that things happen despite your plans, a big part of what they will learn from you is how to deal with unplanned events, that is far more important. They will see you stepping up and making the most of everything and they will love being able to support you through the whole process and raising their little sister/brother.
Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Xx

I would hope one day you plan to settle and there would be the love/marriage aspect. I would focus on that part when talking to them

A huge congratulations, I'm delighted for you - and after they get over the initial shock your children will be too.
Dont worry about what you've told them, they are all old enough to understand that things happen despite your plans, a big part of what they will learn from you is how to deal with unplanned events, that is far more important. They will see you stepping up and making the most of everything and they will love being able to support you through the whole process and raising their little sister/brother.
Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Xx

Thank you! I’m sorry for the late reply. It wasn’t necessary easy or smooth, but it’s done, and the next chapter begins. I wrote about it more in depth in the pregnancy journal section. I really appreciate not only your kindness and good wishes, but your solid, level-headed and relevant take on the situation.

Thank you! I’m sorry for the late reply. It wasn’t necessary easy or smooth, but it’s done, and the next chapter begins. I wrote about it more in depth in the pregnancy journal section. I really appreciate not only your kindness and good wishes, but your solid, level-headed and relevant take on the situation.
I'm glad that parts done, I hope you can now relax to some extent and enjoy the rest of your cooking time! I'm sure it will fly by, by the time we're into the new year you will be showing and it will feel more real to everyone- maybe a nice family photo of bump with siblings? Xx

I'm glad that parts done, I hope you can now relax to some extent and enjoy the rest of your cooking time! I'm sure it will fly by, by the time we're into the new year you will be showing and it will feel more real to everyone- maybe a nice family photo of bump with siblings? Xx

Aww...thank you! Yes- pregnancy can be such a stressful, worrying time no matter what your circumstances are. Im going to remember your advice and try to enjoy each day.

I don’t think we’re going to have to wait for the New Year for the bump to be obvious. It’s coming along pretty well already. I went and bought a belly band so that I can keep wearing pants.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->