• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Single umbilical artery

Janene2005

Reaction score
I'm 13wks 4d and had my Down Syndrome 3D Ultrasound today. The doctor told me that I only have one artery and one vein in the umbilical cord. He didn't see any other makers for genetic defects and I had the Panorama blood test done as well. Any other moms have experience with this? The statistics say that 75% of babies with SUA are perfectly normal but I'm still freaking out. Any advice/prayers would be welcomed.

I have 2 good friends that had babies with SUA.
The only thing their OB's watched was weight gain.
Both babies were born a few weeks early and were on the smaller side but perfectly healthy.
I think everything will be fine for you!

There's a thread further down this forum, don't know if you've seen it?

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...-scan-showed-single-umbilical-artery-sua.html

It's good that they didn't find any other markers, but I understand how worried you must be. I hope your panoroma blood test comes back really quickly and everything is ok xx

We had this with my DS and he was born 6lb13oz he's a happy and healthy 2.5 year old with no issues. They didn't pick it up on any of our scans (shocking) but we were told at the 6 week post c section meet that's what it was and we have to mention it if we have any others. We had our 12 week scan with baby number 2 yesterday and they have a normal chord. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know) usually the one artery takes up the slack xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->