Single umbilical artery

Janene2005

Reaction score
I'm 13wks 4d and had my Down Syndrome 3D Ultrasound today. The doctor told me that I only have one artery and one vein in the umbilical cord. He didn't see any other makers for genetic defects and I had the Panorama blood test done as well. Any other moms have experience with this? The statistics say that 75% of babies with SUA are perfectly normal but I'm still freaking out. Any advice/prayers would be welcomed.

:hugs: :hugs: I can totally understand your worry hun xxxxx don't have any experience with this but I've seen on other posts many women have normal healthy babies born with SUA.

Just try to hang in there waiting for the test results!

My step sister had this, and my very perfectly healthy niece is almost 8 months old now.....everything was fine in her pregnancy and delivery

My doctor only saw 1 at my 12 week ultrasound. I was freaking out about it but all the moms I talked to, I even talked to a mom who had twins and she had it and all the babies were fine. Then when I went back for my 20 week ultrasound he saw 2, so I was worried for nothing.

DH had SUA, he was a twin and a pound lighter, but perfectly healthy.

My oldest had SUA he was born healthy 8lbs 2 Oz . Although I think that was low birth weight as my youngest was 8 lbs at 35 weeks lol

My first only had a two ventricle umbilical cord, and he is now 13. I know it sounds scary but baby can grow still very healthy. GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->