Singleton Hospital V's Glangwili - Opinions

Felix26

Trying for our 1st baby!!
Reaction score
Hello ladies, would just like your opinions on the maternity wards in singleton hospital, swansea and glangwili hospital in carmarthen.

Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated about ante and post-natal care, as well as during labour. I live about half way between both. Thanks in advance, really hope i can get some replys from ladies in the area!! X

Well well well look who I've stumbled across ;)

I think you'll get good and bad stories about both hospitals tbh. We picked singleton as we find it an easier drive. I've had good and bad experiences in singleton but I know a few people who have had good and bad experiences in glangwilli.

Unless you have any complications during the pregnancy or you go to be induced you won't receive any ante natal Care in the hospitals.

Omg just laughed out loud, scrolling down and it was you!! Lol. Brilliant.

Thanks hun, think we're swaying towards glangwili but we shall see. Do you know when i have to decide? The epu i'll go to is in swansea though x

Wow, I didn't even realise there was a midwife unit in Caernarfon and I live 5 mins away! :haha: My midwife has never mentioned it!... Sorry not much advice but from the people I know who have had home births, they all rave about their midwives :) I love mine too :)

Sorry! Just re read you post and you said carmarthen :dohh: Sorry! :)

I'll be using Glangwili as its my closest. Heard good things about them, but not sure about after the birth eto. From what I understand the after care isn't great, you're left a bit to work it out! But, I was in Dinefwr for the day about a week ago after a fall and they were fab!

i only have experience of singleton and it was awful im chosing to travel extra 45mins - 1hr to bridgend as there is no way id ever have another baby in singleton. i was neglected left completely alone with hubby in a room not even on labour ward till i was fully dilated and wanting to push it was awful i would never go back

i only have experience of singleton and it was awful im chosing to travel extra 45mins - 1hr to bridgend as there is no way id ever have another baby in singleton. i was neglected left completely alone with hubby in a room not even on labour ward till i was fully dilated and wanting to push it was awful i would never go back

I'm in total agreement , my son nearly died because of singleton , they sent me home when my waters broke ( I was scheduled c section so big no no ) telling me they hadn't I ended up with a bad infection ( chorioamnionitis ) got transferred to Bridgend as they couldn't deal with me and my son was born very sick. DO NOT RECOMMEND SINGLETON ladies :( xx

My sister birthed at Glangwilli and found herself rushed in an out. Didn't even get to deliver in a delivery room. They discharged her exhausted and in pain :/ That was nearly 7 years ago though. I don't know anyone who laboured at Singleton though so I've nothing to compare to

Youl get asked where you want to have the baby at your booking in appointment but I'm sure you can change your mind. I was booked into glangwilli if I couldn't have had the homebirth but when it was looking like I'd have to go into hosp I changed to singleton and that was at 36 weeks.

Like I said your going to have good and bad about both hospitals. Couldn't fault them when I went in to have Tyler absolutely lovely,when Tyler was showing signs of distress they got him out quickly and safely. The aftercare was really good I was there for 5 days and apart from one midwife they were all lovely

Hmmmm i don't know which to choose. Oh is all for glangwili, decisions decisions!!

I'm going to npt birth centre, I've heard from close singleton can get very very busy , if your delivery / pregnancy is normal then you will be further down the list of priorities ( my SIL got sent home 4 times) only had mins to spare before giving birth when she returned .
My other friend went there cos she wanted a epi but was too busy.
Brigend also has good reviews!
Where do u live?

Llanelli, so equal distance to both really, think it will come down to what the both hospitals have to offer that will suit me x

No prince Philip doesn't have any maternity services.

What are you lookin for in a hospital?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->