Sister and her children moving abroad.

RachA

Reaction score
I've got to tell my 6 year old that his aunt and cousins are moving abroad at some point.

Generally speaking its an odd situation as her husband walked out on her nearly 2 years ago. They haven't been together since he left. A couple of months ago he got offered a job in Canada and suggested to my sister that she might like to go too. She's said yes but they aren't really together as such. Anyway that's probably not really relevant but wanted to give done background info.
My BIL has already gone and my sister has been left in charge of either selling their house or renting it out.
Daniel is really close to both the girls-they are 11 and 15. He's been at the same school as the youngest for 2 years and is already upset about her not being there when he goes back in Sept!
They aren't sure when they are leaving at it depends on when they need to be out of their house. The latest they will go us Christmas but I was talking to my sister yesterday and she's thinking its likely to be mid oct when they go. I've held off telling Daniel because as far as I'm concerned, until they have booked the tickets it's not 100% guarenteed that they will go.

I just don't know the best time or way to tell him. I'd like to think that we will talk via Skype etc but I know what my sister is like and what the girls are like so I just don't think it'll happen much.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->