Skin at the side of my mouth...

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
Anybody know what this could be? (I've zoomed in as much as I can without it blurring, excuse the cheeky bit of tooth :haha:)

I've put E45, Vaseline, usual moisturiser on it and it won't disappear?! It's on both sides of my mouth and it's a little bit sore?

Can't find anything online, it just says in corner or the mouth but mines outside and I don't excessively lick it/dribble :blush:

Is it because of the cold etc? I have no clue!

TIA! xxx

The only things i can think of would be cold sores or impetago but im not sure what impetago looks like.

It's hard to see on my phone but it does look just dry and chapped skin from the cold.

Looks a bit like a cold sore to me but it's hard to see.

Sorry it's a bit hard to see!

I've never had a cold sore, can they just appear? And on both sides?

It's like tiny little red bumps with dry skin xxx

I had a nightmare with this, I tried all sorts of moisturisers and nothing worked. So I went to the doctor and she found out that it was an iron deficiency that was causing it so she gave me some special cream and it cleared up in a couple of days. I still get it sometimes now when i'm on my period :( but the cream for it I think has to be prescribed.

It's called angular cheilitis I think. Obviously I can't say for definite, but it looks a lot like it. You can get it extreme but mine was just like yours. And it only affects the outside of your mouth at the corners so it definitely sounds like it.

I had a nightmare with this, I tried all sorts of moisturisers and nothing worked. So I went to the doctor and she found out that it was an iron deficiency that was causing it so she gave me some special cream and it cleared up in a couple of days. I still get it sometimes now when i'm on my period :( but the cream for it I think has to be prescribed.

It's called angular cheilitis I think. Obviously I can't say for definite, but it looks a lot like it. You can get it extreme but mine was just like yours. And it only affects the outside of your mouth at the corners so it definitely sounds like it.

I am anaemic!!!!

That could be it! Thanks that hun xxx

Looks like dry skin. I sometimes get these patches too.

Perioral dermatitis ?
I get something similar, if its not the case as a pp said it may be this. You need a fluoride free toothpaste and stop using any moisturisers ect on it. Buy some zinc and castor oil nappy cream, worked a treat on mine. All I use now is coconut oil , as soon as I use anything else it all flares up again.

Perioral dermatitis ?
I get something similar, if its not the case as a pp said it may be this. You need a fluoride free toothpaste and stop using any moisturisers ect on it. Buy some zinc and castor oil nappy cream, worked a treat on mine. All I use now is coconut oil , as soon as I use anything else it all flares up again.

I've just been given a high fluoride toothpaste by my dentist, around the time it started! Never linked the two!

Thanks hun xxx

Perioral dermatitis ?

I've just been given a high fluoride toothpaste by my dentist, around the time it started! Never linked the two!

Thanks hun xxx

Yeah, if you google the condition and view the images it varies in severity. Mine are like little dry red bumps under the skin, not squeezable if you know what I mean. I went down the natural remedy route and tried the zinc and castor oil and it cleared within a few days. Literally any other cream that's not natural just flares it up.. And I changed toothpaste but used a cheap brand a few weeks ago and it started to appear again!

Perioral dermatitis ?

Thanks hun xxx

Yeah, if you google the condition and view the images it varies in severity. Mine are like little dry red bumps under the skin, not squeezable if you know what I mean. I went down the natural remedy route and tried the zinc and castor oil and it cleared within a few days. Literally any other cream that's not natural just flares it up.. And I changed toothpaste but used a cheap brand a few weeks ago and it started to appear again!

Mine are the same! Like tiny little bumps under the skin, not like a spot. I'll get some of that tomorrow, just put some Aveeno cream on it for tonight but it looks really gross! Thank you so much for that xxx

Looks like angular chelitis, I see it at the office fairly often. If you're anemic, definitely look into it. If you truly think its from the toothpaste, I STRONGLY advise you against going completely flouride free!!!

Looks like angular chelitis, I see it at the office fairly often. If you're anemic, definitely look into it. If you truly think its from the toothpaste, I STRONGLY advise you against going completely flouride free!!!

I'm on iron tablets and I can't change the toothpaste either! Haha. Hopefully a cream will help xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->