skipping a nap

Diannam

Reaction score
For the past few weeks my baby who just turned 10 months has been skipping his morning nap. He is awake around 7 and his one and only nap doesn't happen until 1 or 2pm. I try to get him down between 9:30 and 10:30, but it just won't happen. He practically falls asleep on his morning bottle but is wide awake at the end of it and rocking just results in him trying to climb up. over my shoulder. He is so cranky and he has been driving me insane because he won't nap until he is exhausted having been awake for 6 hours from wake up and he spends a fair bit of that time being grouchy especially if I try to do anything not involving him. This is mostly a rant. Anyone gone through this?

My son went through this nap regression around 11 months too. I don't remember exactly how long it lasted, but things went back to normal. He didnt drop to one nap until much later, probably around 15 months I think.

My DD is nearly 7 months old and does this at least twice a week :dohh: getting more frequent!

Its common !! Maybe lo doesn't need it now ?? All babies are different . Both my LO had totally different nap schedules despite me doing exactly the same things with them ! I had one who didn't nap much at all and by aged 1 was down to a 20 min nap a day around 12.30 but went down at 7pm and slept till 7am .

My little pink so far loves napping and will have 3/4 a day and sleep at night !

Normal to drop naps now. We are down to 1 nap for a couple weeks now which falls at 11/11:30. He will sleep anywhere from 30-90 mins and that is it for the day. Most mornings he wakes at 6:30 but can be anywhere from 6-7:15 and I take him up for bed time feed at 7:15-7:30.

My older 2 dropped down to 1 nap even younger.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the replies. I don't think it would be. a problem if he wasn't so miserable. Would probably be nice too if he took his nap around noon and not 1:30 or 2. At least today I feel more optimistic this will pass or I will just adapt, probably because I have him napping right now though.

It can take a little while to adjust. Like a little stepping stone period. You might find he will go a couple days of being fine on 1 nap, a couple days getting cranky as hell, then suddenly have a very long nap or have 2-3 naps in 1 day like he is playing catch up until his body fully adjusts to having a bit less sleep in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->