Skyes arrival-8 days early; 12/10/11

mumatmadhouse

number 6 on the way!
Reaction score
Well, my baby girl Skye arrived on 12th october at 11.25pm after a swift labour! I am so very happy! I still cant quite believe it, I am mummy to 5! And i would do it all again tomorrow. Here is how it all happened..

I got BH and bloody show on the 11th and then nothing, despite keeping active. Got up on the 12th to more show and very irregular contractions/BH through the day. We went and got birthday cards for the girls and stayed active again, by teatime i was a little disappointed that nothing was happening tbh. Had a quick dinner then i went up to play with phoenix while mike went and played xbox with the boys. Still having the odd pain here and there but that was all. Bedtime was approaching for the kids by now, i decided to have a lay down while mike made drinks and got the kids sorted for bed. I went to the loo and said to mike "thats it, i give up on this baby arriving before her due date now."

At 8.40pm I went and laid on the bed and baby became very active. After about 10mins I felt a sort of tug and a pop! I carefully sat up and then stood. My waters started to trickle. I was quite shocked as this is my 5th labour and my waters have always been broken for me towards the end of labour, never gone on their own. I shouted to mike (think he thought i was joking at first,lol) and he helped me to the bathroom. More waters as i moved to undress. Sat on the loo and the contractions hit thick and fast. Mike called our arranged childcare and she got on her way. Rang birth centre to let them know we would be in soon. I managed to get myself downstairs but the contractions were coming a minute apart and lasting 40secs. Childcare arrived at around 10pm and the contractions were still the same. We made our way to the centre with me vocalising all the way! Arrived at centre at 10.40pm and was examined at my request at 10.50pm and found to be only 4cm, i was mortified. I had only felt pain like this very close to my babies being born before. MW told me not to worry as 5th babies can progress very quickly. She said it was important that i tell them if i felt different. I was kneeling on the floor having some G&A when a strong contraction hit and i went right into myself, got lost in it almost. I realised i was in transition and told the MW what i thought. I moved to the bed as I was bearing down really low to the floor(worried about room for baby) and wanted them to be able to tell me if i was right. I got on the bed, a contraction and MW says she can see the head, another contraction and her head is out, MW asked me to slow down for a second (slight difficulty with shoulders it said on notes) then 2 pushes and Skye was born at 11.25pm! I looked down and there she was on my tshirt, i hadnt had time to get changed or undressed from what i had been wearing, so i stripped off and had some skin to skin time with her. It was such an amazing experience! 35mins from 4cm to my baby being here, i couldnt believe it. She is feeding well and we are all enjoying getting to know her. Phoenix is a great big sister! :thumbup:

Well done if you made it to the end and thanks for reading:flower: Will update with pics when i can find the camera lead:dohh:

Congratulations.. hope you all are enjoying the new bundle :) :flower:

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/Iluvpurplethings/Misc/04cf875d.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"