Sleeeeeeeeep!!!

Josephs_Daddy

Joseph - born 27+5
Reaction score
Over the last two or three nights, Joseph has just refused to sleep!

He's never had a night yet where he slept all the way through, he usually wakes about 4 for a feed. But he's been waking every two hours, taking half a bottle, then falling asleep.

But as soon as we put him back into his crib, he kicks off a right treat again!!!

Any help!? :cry:

(By the way, he's 10lb 5oz now!)

He might be having a growth spurt?

Is light coming through the room? You could try black out blinds?

Alex went through this but we persevered and it corrected itself!

I would say its a growth spurt. Chloe and Jaycee were 4 months when they slept through. I couldnt wait to be honest. there is nothing like hardly any sleep!
Hope he settles soon

How old is he now?

Do you use a dummy? A Godsend when they just won't settle. Our son virtually didn't sleep at all in his first 3/4 months - like Joseph he would be sleepy after a bottle, but then wake as soon as we put him down. It's exhausting.

Giving him a bottle each time he wakes may not be the answer because he might not be hungry just unsettled. At that weight, he is now capable of sleeping a little longer between feeds. THat is where a dummy might come in handy - if he's struggling to settle himself.

I know it's hard to do, but not responding by giving him a bottle might help - he can't be hungry if he's fed 2hrs previously. Try gently patting and shushing him with limited interaction of any other kind.

If it helps, my son was the worst sleeper, and such hard work for his first 5 months. I never thought he would ever sleep thru. After that inital slog tho he became a dream - sleeping 12hrs a night without stirring.

Good luck x

wow over 10lb already thats fab! Id also say a wee growth spurt and if you try stick as much to his routine as possible it should soon pass in a day or so x

Thanks for all your help! Joseph is 23 weeks tomorrow.

We put him in his new sleeping bag last night as opposed to his usual blankets which he tends to wriggle out of, and guess what - he slept from 12 until 6:30 this morning!

Lovely!

ooooooooooooooooo well done Joseph the sleeping bags are great as soon as Matthew is zipped in he knows its bedtime he was far too wriggly for blankets xx

They're a godsend! Joseph would forever wriggle right out of the blanket and get himself upset when his head reached the top of the crib and he couldn't go any further!! He'd always be freezing cold, but now he can't get out!!! :thumbup:

Glad to read you are now getting some sleep. The sleep bags are brilliant. 10lb is a brilliant weight what a porker...x

Sorry to high-jack thread but what weight does a baby need to be before they can use a sleeping bag? - keen to get started with one but think Erin's too small at 6 and a half pounds!

Sorry to high-jack thread but what weight does a baby need to be before they can use a sleeping bag? - keen to get started with one but think Erin's too small at 6 and a half pounds!

Abby went into hers when she went into her cot. I think she was about 8 lbs. Its not so much about the weight, I think, more the size. Best idea is to try one on and see if she could wriggle down into it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->