Sleep regression tips? Stubborn baby!

Tui

Mum
Reaction score
Any advice on how to get a 10 month old to nap when he refuses to lie down. He would rather sit up and scream for 30 mins than lie down and sleep, despite how many times I put him on his back. He used to nap beautifully, but now he won't settle without being held like he is a newborn! This obviously has a knock on effect to the nights.

Is this separation anxiety? Anyone else had these issues? Tips?

I am experiencing nap refusal with my daughter as well which was totally new to us. We used to be able to just put her down in the crib and she would settle herself to sleep, now like your baby she screams and cries and refuses to sleep unless one of us lays down with her, or I nurse her to sleep. From what I've read this is a very common age for nap refusal due to developmental leaps, their brains are just so wired that they have a hard time switching off, so we are just doing whatever works to get her to sleep and hoping she comes out of it soon. It has been about 2 weeks and it is already getting much better. Hang in there and just do whatever it takes to get your LO to sleep!

Thanks. Yes, he has just started walking which doesn't help, but it's been going on for a few weeks now. If I knew the cuddles or coming into my bed were just a temporary thing I wouldn't mind, but I'm scared of developing bad habits. We stopped the night feeds a couple of months ago because he used them as a sleep crutch. I don't need another one, lol.

Did he go through the 4 month or 8/9/10 month sleep regressions? If he did and you had ways to get through those, then try those techniques again. I used breastfeeding to sleep and occasional co-sleeping to get through all of our rough patches and it has never created a lasting problem for us. I've been doing that for the last few weeks with my daughter's nap refusal, she is now back to napping normally again and I don't need to feed or cuddle her to sleep anymore.

My kids also did this at the same age, I would have I lie down next to my son and hold him with his arms down by his sides. It sounds horrible but he would fall asleep after a minute or 2.

My kids also did this at the same age, I would have I lie down next to my son and hold him with his arms down by his sides. It sounds horrible but he would fall asleep after a minute or 2.

That used to work but he is too strong now.

He is sleeping a bit better now, but thinks 5am is getting up time. Takes boob or cuddles or singing or all three to convince him to go back to sleep till 7am. Then only in my bed.

Hopefully it's just a phase and will pass soon.

Maybe it's time to lift some weights then if a baby is out powering you 😝. My son now wouldn't even be too strong for me. Good luck!

Very funny! I just meant that he is more likely to hurt himself resisting me because he is so stubborn nowadays. Not to mention screaming in my earhole at full volume. I may give it another go tomorrow and see if he gives in after a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->