sleeping arrangements

dainti2001

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a little dilema to do with choice, hubby is a bit useless at the mo so need some advice.

I was planning on buying a cotbed for my LO as i didn't really want to have her in my bed n then she never leaves, the other reason was so that i dont waste money buying a moses basket that she may only use for a few months. However, as the circumstances are a bit different in that she is so tiny am wondering if i should get a moses basket after all.

Where did ur LOs sleep when they came home? please help xx:flower:

I was the same, I hadn't bought a moses basket, was planning on putting Gaby straight into her cot. However, she was only a little over 4lb when we got her home and I wanted someting smaller for her. We got a 'katie crib' https://www.boots.com/en/Saplings-Katie-Crib-Foam-Mattress_120223/

It has been great. We moved her into her own room and into her cot a few months ago, but for the last 6 weeks we have been staying with my Mum and took the crib with us, she still sleeps in it no problem.

We kept the crib by our bed and used our pram carrycot downstairs for naps during the day.

Hope that help, and how excited you must be to be worrying about sleeping arrangements rather than the worrys you have had since she was born!! :happydance:

Chloe and Jaycee came home from hospital at 4 weeks old weighing in at arounf 4lbs each and I put them straight into their cots. You can buy a cot divider from mothercare which makes the cot smaller for your LO.
I think moses baskets are a waste of money and even for prems!

I think moses baskets are a waste of money and even for prems!

That was my thought as well. but thanks guys, i will look into that crib from boots. :hugs:

It really has been money well spent for us. On one of the reviews on the boots website someone says they can't get a sheet to fit, a normal pillow case fits the mattress perfectly. :thumbup:

Our Moses basket last months and months, and the transition was fine for us when she was ready

We have a moses basket for Sophie - she is now 6.5 months actual, 3.5 months corrected and she is still in it...we have her in it in the living room with us in the evening then just take it up with us when we go up to bed. She will still be in it a while yet. It's just borrowed from my brother but even if we'd bought our own I'd have felt it was money well spent...

Mikayla was 4lb 3oz when she came home and would have been lost in her cotbed when she came home - tbh she still looks tiny in it now at 20 months :haha:
Where would you put baby in the daytime if you're not having a moses basket?:flower:

we put Sam in a moses basket but he ended up in with us anyway. if it helps, he has just graduated to his cot now and is quite happy there, so it's not forever. they do do positioners too that you could put into a cot, we had this one for when he was in bed with us, but also used it when he was in the moses basket when he first came home.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snuggle-Nest-in-Pink/dp/B001B9ETTM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->