Sleeping on front

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi,

My little one keeps rolling onto her front just before she goes to sleep. She is nearly 7 months. We keep flipping her over but it wakes her. Last night we rolled her back 3 times before bed and we woke up, she was back on her front again.

Should we keep rolling her back over or just let her sleep on her front?

Thanks

Just let her sleep on her front. It's normal for babies to prefer tummy sleeping once they are old enough to roll on their own.

Thanks we are just about to go to be bed and now She is on her side! I just worry if it's safe so thank you for reasssuring me x

My nearly 7 month old does this too! I leave her to it... Sometimes she wakes up and has a wee cry because she is stuck so I go and flip her, but before I can even get back to bed she is on her side! Its fine, they can move their heads and will do if they need to!

Assuming the sleeping space is safe, no pillows or soft toys she could get her face into, I would leave her be. Mine started to turn about 8 months and I never turned her back. Ideally, they say you should put then down on their back and let them turn over on their own, but once she started to turn herself, she would wake and get upset if I put her down on her back while she was trying to turn. From then I just put her on her front as I knew the space was safe and she could move and turn over if she needed to. She's slept on her front since then and she's 4 now.

I try to turn them the first couple of times when they're newborns (all of mine were rolling at birth - I think there's something weird going on inside my uterus), but after that, I let it go and use a movement monitor to ease my anxiety.

My 10 month old does this and I have been turning her. It's getting harder to control though.

Mine started turning from back to tummy at five months. She would wake up on her tummy and cry because she couldn't turn back. It was hell until she learned to flip back. Now she's eight months and sleeps on her tummy with her butt up in the air. She's also a "hider" and will burrow her face between the mattress and the bumper. Terrified me until ped said that they're prettt much safe once they can freely turn.

If they can roll there themselves (and roll back) it is okay. The recommendation is to put them DOWN on their back. If they themselves choose to roll over to sleep, then it should be okay, as they are likely strong enough to roll back if they need.

My DD (although now a bit older) has preferred tummy sleeping for a long while. She now gets herself right into the corner of her cot with her bum in the air, still worries me to death but she's fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->