sleeping on her tummy

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
Annabelle appears to be most comfortable on her tummy, is this safe, i let her sleep on her tummy when she is on her play mat or if she is lying on the settee or bed with me there but bit unsure if its ok if she is in her moses basket and her cot

any help would be grateful, she will sleep on her back but no where near as contently as she does on her tummy

Lou
xxx

my son loves to sleep on his tummy! sometimes he sleeps up to 3 hours on his tummy. He seems very comfortablee specially when I think he has colic or doesnt burp after his feed

Amelia is a complete tummy sleeper, i bought the angelcare movement and sounds monitor and as soon as i got it i let her sleep on her tummy at night time.

As long as Annabelle has fairly good head control then i would say it is ok.

Sebastian has been sleeping on his side for months and is now on his tummy, bum up in the air. I was told as long as he is able to roll over on his own it is not a problem.

Hannah sleeps on her stomach now but she only started it after she began rolling over

I really dont see the problem with baby sleeping on there tummy.
I hate it when i was told i shouldnt be doing this.
At end of the day it was either, amber slept 10mins at a time on her back, never actually going to sleep me having to hold her us go to sleep together.
OR place her on her tummy when she was asleep and she'd be out for the count until her next feed.
Personally id rather she be happy, sleeping, me be more freshed off having good sleep also.
She just turned 1 last month still goes sleep on her tummy, now she turns which ever way is best for her through the night.

I personally wouldn't, SIDS has dropped tremendously since they started recommending back to sleep. It increases their risk by quite a bit, especially at such a young age. I think the only way I would is if I was actually cosleeping...but even then I wouldn't I don't think...I never did with my 3 even though they did all sleep better that way when they'd fall asleep on my chest or on their own durng tummy time or whatever

Chase has been sleeping in this position since he was 1 month old or so. He was a gassy baby and when I figured out the reason why he loved sleeping on my chest, I tried him on his tummy for a nap. He slept longer and was more comfortable. I then did that for his nighttime sleep.

I am so paranoid about SIDS though. Its more common in boys and peaks between 2 and 4 months. Until he is 5 months (there is no risk) he is sleeping on his back even if it means me getting up several times in the night. Sorry I had to read all the case material for the SIDS women Sally Clarke etc for a law class and I'll never risk it. Thats just me though and I am probably totally over the top!

elouise will only sleep on her tummy, i dont see anything wrong with it personally! the recommendations change all the time so its hard to judge, just go by what suits your lo x

I would add Amelia still can't roll over (well she might be able to she just hasn't! lol).

Personally if i didn't have the movement monitor then she would NOT be sleeping on her tummy, but i do and she does :D

I Know SIDS is a risk but she does have a dummy at night and that helps reduce it (so they say)

It's actually up to 6mo that's the peak age for SIDS, but can happen after that as well

maley sleeps on her tummy....she isnt able to roll over yet and i dont have a monitor...she also sleeps from 11pm straight through to 7am....her moses basket is right next to my side of the bed and i hear every sound

If you think about it many of our parents age were told to sleep the babies exclusively on their tummies and we all survived.

Jasper sleeps best on his tummy too, I'm still not able to let him sleep on his tum on his own, as he's only 8 weeks old, but I let him sleep on his tum on my chest.

I think when he's at a sitting up age, if he wants to sleep on his tum, I'd let him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->