Sleeping with rib pain?

amy8686

Reaction score
Help! Whichever side I lie on, those ribs start aching in about 30 minutes, and it gets worse and worse until I roll over. I can't lie on my back (my arms go numb) and my ribs and hips both hurt in a recliner or propped up on pillows in a reclined position.

Since belly-down isn't an option and hanging upside-down would probably cause heartburn, I feel like I'm out of possible positions.

Has anyone figured out a magical arrangement of pillows that relieves rib pain at night? I do all sorts of stretches during the day (and night) to help lift my ribs off of baby a bit, but at 5'2" and almost 36 weeks, there's no place else for baby to go.

Oh i feel for you. I get this when on any side, right is worse. I was also getting it while driving, to the point that once i got home in tears. It eased a bit and im not sure why, my worry is now my left hip. What i did while d

Oops, silly phone.
What i did while driving was that when it hurt on the right side i lifted my arm up and sort off streched it over my head. Basically it felt like opening the rib cage, baby was kicking on that side lots.
In bed i also had to constantly change sides. I also supported my belly with an extra pillow as i felt like it was pulling the ribs side if that makes sense. I straitened the bottom leg and bended the top one and put it on two pillows. Is it the shooter position?
I also massaged the front ribs and got my partner massage the back ribs.
And yeah lots of streching. It is horrible and it was putting me in a bad mood all the time. My midwife said the ribcage is expanding and some pain is normal. I hope u find a way to sleep. xx

Thanks! Yesterday I got my husband to help massage the backs of my ribs and I tucked a pillow under my belly, and I was much more comfortable! I slept for like 9 hours.

I do the 2 pillows between my knees thing too, to save my hips. So high maintenance these days!

I take the pillow and tuck it under my belly and top knee and stretch out my bottom leg to help open up my ribs a bit on my left side. One my right side, I can actually still get 3/4 on my stomach for some reason and still be comfy.

Another great one is tucking up against my DH, either on my side while he is on his back or if he is partially on his side, it lets me almost lay on my stomach for a bit to get comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->