Sleepwear?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Ok, so this is probably going to sound stupid, but being a first time Mum I'm quite clueless.

For when LO is born, she will be in our room in a moses basket. Is the following ok?

Moses basket on stand with mattress and fitted sheet over mattress.

LO in vest, sleepsuit and sleeping bag (or swaddling robe depending on how she likes to sleep).

Does she need anything else? I take it when they're in a sleeping bag or swaddling robe then they're warm enough? No flat sheets or blankets until they're older, right?

:blush:

Sounds about right. There are different thickness of sleeping bags though, so be sure to check which one you should be using at your rooms temp x

yep sounds fine to me. Hannah sleeps in a sleepsuit and a swaddling blanket (light one) and that's it. Your actually don't want your baby to get overly warm

So no vest under the sleep suit?

I have a few light tog sleeping bags, and I'm just browsing Babies R Us for swaddling robes and a heavy tog sleeping bag. Our house tends to get quite cold and being in North Scotland doesn't help!

If it's particularly cold, what about her little hands and head?

Just don't want to get things wrong! I know it'll be easier to tell once she's here, but I'm trying to buy things online just now and don't want to mess it up.

I've never put anything under Hannah's sleepsuits, but it's warm in our apartment, and we use a light swaddling blanket. I wouldn't worry about her head because you dont want her to turn her head and have it against something if that makes sense? If she's swaddled her hands will be in the blanket :)

I always had mits on my sons hands and a small light baby hat on his head as he tends to get very cold fast ..I also put a sleeper on him for bedtime with a babygrow underneith .. :)
btu no way could i swaddle him or even put a blanket on him he hates it still to this day

i put Riley in a long sleeved vest and a 2.5tog sleeping bag

i just put jack in a vest and socks lol and then i put a blanket on top with he is tucked into, sleeping bags are good but jack didnt really like them,

Thanks girls, this is really helpful! :)

I've not bought flat sheets (already have blankets) but instead bought a 2.5 tog sleeping bag (have lighter ones already) and two swaddling robes.

I always had mits on my sons hands and a small light baby hat on his head as he tends to get very cold fast ..I also put a sleeper on him for bedtime with a babygrow underneith .. :)
btu no way could i swaddle him or even put a blanket on him he hates it still to this day

Hannah hates not being swaddled :rofl: And hats make her MAD :rofl:

When Jasmine was firs born I didnt put an undershirt under her sleeper because she pee'd whenever we took her diaper off and it resulted in lots of clothing changes lol..

Now the she is a bit older she has an undershirt under her sleeper, we have polar fleece ones because its cold here. And then she gets wrapped up with a couple blankets. Although she has her arms out.. lol. doesn't like her arms swaddled, but the rest she likes to be nice and cosy.

I put Poppy in a short sleeved vest, long sleeve baby grow and I swaddle her in a cellular blanket. If it's very cold, I put another light blanket over the bottom half of her body and just tuck it into the sides of the crib to hold her in place. Have got a couple of sleeping bags but she prefers to be swaddled at the moment as she is constantly waking herself up by touching her little face! xx

sounds like you've got everything covered rafwife :) we use sleeping bags and the grow egg. we use a sheet for basket, vest, sleepsuit and 2.5tog sleeping bags. very good idea. though i do believe babies under 7.5lb shouldn't use sleeping bags. even though maddi was over 9lb at birth we used blankets for a bit, but especially in the cold, sleeping bags for us are soooo much better x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->