Slightly worried about attitude of midwives

sunshineray7

Mummy of 2 little men
Reaction score
Ok, so I don't want to tar all midwives with the same brush but I've come across a few midwives who have expressed their negative opinion on the fact I'm having an elective section after being told I could have a vbac. The decision was not an easy one but I am very happy with it and am relieved that the csection is now booked. My worry is that once I've had the surgery, there may be a few of these midwives on the ward and they might have a 'told you so' kind of attitude, do you think I'm being silly?

I don't think you're being silly, but they would be incredibly unprofessional to comment on your c-section. Perhaps think of a snappy comment, such as: 'it was the best decision for both of us!' I had a few comments prior to my son's birth as we had decided on an elective c-section, but I said that it was the best decision for me and most of them respected the fact, if you speak strong and secure....Ultimately, I had to have an emergency c-section due to pre-eclampsia, but would have had one anyway -- besides, you'll be in bed with your LO and that should be enough!

best wishes

Thanks. I'm sure it's the right decision and my midwife thinks so too but I have come across a few who have questioned my decision in a grumpy sort of way. Your probably right tho that I won't care cos I'll have my little man.

I keep finding this with MW at the hospital, at the end of the day my named MW and my consultant have agreed that a c section is best for me so it's nothing to do with any other MW that wants to stick their nose in! I'm hoping the fact at my hospital the ward I'll be on is specifically for c section patients it wont be like that though x

I keep finding this with MW at the hospital, at the end of the day my named MW and my consultant have agreed that a c section is best for me so it's nothing to do with any other MW that wants to stick their nose in! I'm hoping the fact at my hospital the ward I'll be on is specifically for c section patients it wont be like that though x

I'm glad it's not just me...thought maybe I was just paranoid. Saying that tho, I went for my pre-op app yesterday and my consultant tried to postpone my section from Monday to Thursday which made me really upset, I want to meet my baby, and I'm all ready for it!! The two midwives there were really understanding and said they can totally understand why I was upset and that they'll be routing for me to be done on Monday.

ive just had a midwife like that to day. my dd was 8lb 8oz, and i failed to progress due yo her size and the fact she got stuck!! been the midwife today and baby is slready measuring 7lb 10oz and have 5.5 wks to go so baby is gunna be bigger snd she was going on at me about having a natural delivery.. im seeing the cunsultsnt at 36 wks and hope that they understand my concern about a natural delivery after having to have a emcs with DD and let me have an elective section!! xx

I hope that doesnt happen to me :/ my pre op is tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->