Slipped and fell down the stairs at 36 weeks! Advice??

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I need your advice!

This morning I slipped and fell down the stairs and landed on my bum. It's my first fell and never had a fall in previous pregnancies. My bump is hurting and BHs can be painful when it comes. I have a slight back ache at the moment, and the baby is moving like crazy since the fall. Some pain in my upper legs under the bump. :-(

Thanks for your time to read xxx

I would call your midwife and just check it out with her best to be safe in these situations :hugs:

I would but I forget to mention that my mw is on holiday this week! :-(

I agree hun can you phone the hospital just to see what they say, they might get you in for a check over and that will help reassure you? You won't be wasting their time and will put your mind at ease too. Let us know how you get onx

Do you not have a midwife team that you could call? or call the hospital? I would just to be safe :hugs:

I'd call a walk in centre or a gp to be on the safe side if midwife was away :)

You can call the hospital direct. Sending hugs. I hope you are ok x

Yip I would call the midwife team if I were you- there should be someone for you even if the midwife you usually see is away? I have just slipped down two steps and given myself a jolt! Luckily I didn't fall far. Must be a day for clumsiness!

When I fell in my first pregnancy I called the antenatal assessment unit at my hospital and they brought me in to be monitored for an hour to check on baby.
If your rhesus negative like me they also tend to give you another anti D injection after a fall.
Good luck x

Hi ladies.

Thank you for your replies!

I have called the hospital but the baby moving like crazy!!! So she's fine and they have no concerns if baby is moving very well. I've kept eyes on everything but so far is good apart from losing a bit of mucus plug last night which is new to me!!! But getting aches in my lower back and lower tummy pain since last night along with pain in my private part!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"