Slow cooker ideas please?!

Karlie06

Reaction score
Hi all! I've bought a slow cooker as its sounds ideal for busy family life! I have sausage casserole in it cooking way and it smells lovely, but I need some ideas. Any suggestions really would be appreciated xx

Going to stalk this thread, hoping to buy one soon - would love some chilli recipes and anything else you can make in it :D xx

DH does whole massive joints of meat in it, lamb ends up falling off the bone - drooool! He puts in garlic and fresh herbs too.

I've done all sorts in there, curry, stew, chilli, just use the same ingredients as normal but if you're using meat brown it first :)

Also rice pudding does well in the slow cooker!

Thanks Tallybee, how do you know whether to use low, high or auto though?

Did it come with a manual hun?

Ours has been chucked now as the recipes in it were useless but basically said if you're doing something all day (eg switch on before work to be ready for evening meal) put it on Low. Shorter time, put on High. Ours doesn't have Auto, just Low, High and Warm (doesn't cook the food just keeps it hot till needed)

xx

Made beef casserole in it today and it was yummy:thumbup:, anyone have more ideas ?

I made a lamb casserole in mine today - My LO's love it :) I've also done chicken chasseur in there that is absolutely gorgeous one of my favourite meals ever!x

Ooooooh that sounds nice! I'm finding mine a godsend at the minute but I want to try lots of things out in it, I'm like a child with a new toy lol!

I find mine the same just prepare everything in the morning and leave it on low all day and then come home to my dinner already cooked :haha: and it always seems to taste better than done in the oven x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->