• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sma comfort fed dark green poo pic attached so warning

Paulabethany

Reaction score
Ok so my lil girl 8 weeks old was changed from c&g to sma then sma comfort by HV over a week ago
Due to poor weight gain and mucus poos, mustard yellow.
Since being on sma and sma comfort her poo has turned dark green, still mucus / slimy looking. She seems bit more settled and is on infacol too but I'm really worried about these poos
Pic attached and sorry if it offends, but I'm so worried

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 17
I believe dark green poo is normal with those milks. I would get yourself down the doctor though as my daughter had mucousy bitty slimy poo and has been diagnosed with a milk intolerance. Does she refuse the bottle/pull away from it as if the milk is hurting her? The milk Amelia is on turned her poo dark green.
Worth getting her checked anyway xx

My little one has been on sma for weeks and weeks and her poo was dark green. A few people told me that wasn't normal however she was happy and healthy, she did have colic for a while but that has cleared how and her poo is still green. If you're worried get her checked out for a milk intolerance but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

DArk green poo is typical with SMA milk as it has added iron

Green mucous poo can indicate lactose intolerance. ( my 2nd son had it ) it took me about 5 formulas for my bub now to have normal thin mustard like poop. And yep extra iron in the formula can also cause green poo as well as a lot of wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->