Small Gestational Sac

hhimayy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm only in the first trimester but thought if I came here I might be able to find some success stories.

I had my first ultrasound yesterday due to slow rising hcg. Well not expecting to find anything they actually found a baby and heartbeat.

They did not mention it but the gestational sac looks rather small to me. Slow rising hcg, loss of symptoms, and a small gestational sac have me worried.

Did anyone have a small gestational sac and have gone on successfully? I am just looking for some hope.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2016-07-21 07.44.12.jpg
    2016-07-21 07.44.12.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2016-07-21 07.30.29.jpg
    2016-07-21 07.30.29.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 29
It looks a little different to the early scans I've had but that could be the angle at which the scan was done. I'm sure they would have mentioned if there had been any issues. They wouldn't leave you in the dark.

How slow is your hcg rising? Is it doubling ok or are there issues?

It went from 10732 to 14777 in 69 hours last week.

They redrew it yesterday but after the scan the doctor said there was no point as there is a heartbeat so idk if they even did the test.

It went from 10732 to 14777 in 69 hours last week.

Once levels climb so high they can take up to 4 days to double plus between 8-12 weeks that's when levels will reach their peak and slow right down. Mine slowed down around 9 weeks. Little surprised a doctor would check levels so late on. Usually it's not recommended. If I were you I'd ring or ask to see your doctor and ask out right if he feels there are issues with the pregnancy. At least you will have a clear answer then and be able to relax a little hopefully. I'm sure all is absolutely fine!

I did have this with my first and it recitified itself by 12 weeks. It was a scary few weeks though, I was so worried

If your doctor doesn't seem concerned, try to trust that it will be okay. Maybe buy a fetal Doppler to keep your mind at ease. You can usually start using them around 10 weeks.

She wanted me to come back in for my regular first ob appt in 12 days and have another scan. Nothing was ever mentioned about the sac. She was over the moon excited for me and just kept congratulating me. It's just hard with my previous losses and lost of symptoms this time.

I know it's super hard. I have anxiety and my whole first trimester I was just a nervous wreck. I kept checking this website https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=01&d=15&y=16 every few days for some reassurance. Even now I worry all the time, at least now I feel some kicks and movement, but even little things on my scan freak me out. They said at my 20 week scan that there was a spot on her heart. They didn't seem concerned at all but of course I googled it and dwelled over it for a week or so. I guess in the end you just have to trust that everything will be okay. Keep your mind busy :) and update us after your next scan!

One of my twins had a very small sac and the other a lot larger. The doctors were more concerned with too much wster but later on it rectified itself and evened out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->