Smart trike for development?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to post here, I know it isn't a disability that he has but I think this would be a bit out of place in the toddler forum.

I'm wondering about getting LO a Smart Trike on Ebay to use instead of a pram. Thought about it because someone suggested it may help him become stronger and more mobile. He's currently like an 18 month oldish in his development (except speech which is lower) and can walk but not far, and can't run or jump.

Is it worth it do you think? I'd like to encourage him to use his legs more and eventually walk but 1) he can't pedal yet and 2) I'm not sure if it'd be counterproductive in getting him to walk in the future. What do you think?

ETA: I forgot to odd, he's very small, about 89cm tall, so he wouldn't be too big for it.

That's is not bad idea. My friends son has mobility delays and she's got him one with like safety bar that goes around the body plus harness.hes coping well in it and now can push himself with feet of the ground to make bike go.

My little girl loves her smart trike. We use it instead of a pushchair in the nice weather. She isn't pedalling yet but she does hold on to the handles which is an achievement for her as she is texture sensitive. I think you should go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->