Smiling and talking

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
I've noticed ds has started smiling, if you smile at him :)! it takes him a few mins to understand, and he says love you!

Iv also noticed hits speach it's coming on but out is mostly copyig me when I ask him to say it, although he saw smoke yday and said "fire fire fire" lol! hes just started putting two words together. Do you think speach therapist will be mad that he hadn't fuy learnt sign langauge? He has about 10 he uses but she wanted 20 a month which wpuld have been 80 before we next see her!?seems alot seen as he can't say near enough that many words
God I love my boy :)

Didn't want To R&R

I Think It's Wonderful he's Started Smiling:D His Speech Comming On is A Good Thing,
It Does Sound Alot,My Daughter Is Under A Speech Therapist They Have Started Teaching Her Sign Language,
She Shouldn't Be Mad,You Can't Expect Too Much,He'll Learn In His Own Time:)

Sorry I'm Not Much Help,>.< :) x

Do you have picture cards??? I would buy some and use them like flashcards. Get him to say the words. Tell him the name everytime so he never gets it wrong. This is what we will do with Makena:
(Showing her a picture of a car)
Me:
Makena, what is this? Car
What is it? Car
What is this?
Makena:
Car
Me: Gooood!

Then they are never wrong and they know the answer. Soon he will say it on his own and you can fade out the prompt unless there is a hesitation, then I would add the prompt again.

we got discharged from speach language. We still use PECS though, My son talks loads now and most people wouldnt have a clue that he didnt speak until he was 5 lol. xx

No advice but just wanted to say it's great that your Lo is smiling you must be over the moon xx

Amazing news! :D

I think 20 signs a month is a ton of signs! So glad to hear your LO is doing so well! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->