Smiling

pink.crazy

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
The HV came yesterday, and asked if LO was smiling yet, when I replied "Erm, no?!?" as in, are you KIDDING ME?! she said "Oh.. ok then, well I'll call you in a month to make sure he is"
WTF?? Seriously, his due date isn't until Monday!! Does that count for nothing?
JUst out of interest though, when did your LO's smile? He was born at 28+3, and he's now 39+4 :)

My lo was around 4-5 weeks corrected.

Your hv obviously doesn't understand preemies so ignore her.

I didn't know if it was just being defensive :/
I mean, my 9lb 42 weeker smiled at 3 weeks, but at the end of the day I'm not gonna compare them as there are 14 weeks difference between their gestation, so what gives her the right??? I know it was only a simple question from her, but it makes me feel like why does she even bother coming, if she doesn't understand :(

Oh for goodness sake, what planet is she on?! Sophie didn't smile till 3/4 weeks corrected and even then it wasn't very often! HVs don't always understand preemies very well...that's like expecting a full term baby to smile as soon as its born (or before it, lol!) which they don't do!! Don't listen to the silly moo :hugs:

My LO started to smile at 6-7 weeks corrected ignore your HV he will do it when hes ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->