smiling??

Jox

💙💙💙💝
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Firstly I want to apologise for posting in here but just not sure who/where to ask??

Leo was born at 34+3wks so technically premature but We had time for steroids before he was delivered so very lucky that he needed no help or neo natal after birth which kinda makes me feel a fraud posting in here. So again im sorry but wanted to ask...

When did ur Lo start smiling?

Leo is 10 weeks old tomorrow and i think hes only smiled twice :-(

I know the 'norm' is 6-7wks for smiling. By 37wks gestation he would be 7+2 now and by edd he would be 4+2wks.

I hope no one minds me posting this here. Please say so if u would prefer me to post this else where.

:flower:

Gaby was born at 34 weeks after my waters broke at 30 weeks, we got the steriods too and were very lucky only to have a 2 week stay in hospital.

Gaby started smiling at 14 weeks, but not consistantly until 20 weeks. She made us wait until 24 weeks for a giggle! But you can't stop her now!

Jo!!! You're very very welcome to post here!!!! :hugs: :hugs: sooo not a fraud!!!!! I can't believe he's 10 weeks already though!!!!

Just from experience Alex didn't proper smile til about 12 weeks corrected age. We also seemed to encourage it more by stroking her cheeks funnily enough, and it helped. She is a bit of a poser though...

Thank u for making me welcome :flower:

I just kinda assumed by his corrected age based on 37wks he'd be smiling.

Im just worried we r doing something wrong, like not encouraging him enough :-(

Thank u, ur replies have reasurred me already :hugs:

Sugarmuppet - I had a section and anazinglyvwe were both home 3 days later! I couldn't believe it.

Sb - i know, 10wks! time is just disappearing :-(

Xxx

You're sooo not doing anything wrong hun!!! He'll get there! :thumbup: xxxx

You can post wherever you like woman!!! :D

Cant remember exactly when Ella first started smiling but think she was about 8wks but they werent the big beaming ones, wud say she started doing them about 14wks and now smiles all the time

My LO was born at 34+6 and didn't smile until 10 weeks. I went by corrected age from gestation not from 37 weeks.

Chloe was born at 34+6 but did not smile until about 11-12 weeks.

I used to feel like a fraud in here too because although Chloe was prem she was 6lb 5oz-chunky monkey! :haha: I have found the the older Chloe has got the more I feel the need to be in here as Chloe is definitely delayed in her development compared to babies born at term. Everyone is lovely in here!

I am sure Leo will be beaming away at you soon :hugs::hugs:
xx

Thank u.

I think I need to realise that even tho leo needed no help or hospital stay he was prem and will therefore more likely b delayed in things.

Again, thank u 4 making me and Leo welcome x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->