SMP help

weewdy

Reaction score
I work 20 hrs per week for my employer and through that job i am entitled to smp. I also run a small business that i dont take a regular wage from. Can i claim smp and still work as self employed? Please someone give me good accurate advice because i have been on the phone all morning and cant get a straight answer.

From what I've read you can't continue to earn money through one job and claim smp through another.
I have a full time job and an evening job once a week. I can't go back to my evening job before my main work as otherwise they will stop paying my smp so my maternity leave is running in tandem from both jobs.
Hope that helps xx

Thanks for that. I however thought it was different because i am only an employee for 1 company.

I think you can. Have a look at this link - it seems to talk in plain English. It says if you claim SMP from one employer, you can continue to work for the employer (which I would take as yourself) that doesn't pay you SMP. Hope this helps. https://maternityaction.org.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/morethanonejob.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->