snacks for midwives?

veganmama

Reaction score
just wondering if any of you ladies whove had a homebirth before what snacks/drinks, if any, did you provide your midwives?

I like to keep on my feet and moving when in labour and baking fit the bill ... so the midwives had lots of home made cakes to choose from plus tea, coffee and fruit juice ....

And chilled champagne for after the delivery :thumbup: :happydance: :happydance:

We didn't get anything specific in although my hubby did make sandwiches for one Mw and we all shared toasted current t-cakes after Sid was born....and a banana for the Mw who was dieting! :lol: Lots of my clients ask about this and I think tea and biccies go down well but don't go OTT :)

i think ill be getting a few packs of mr kiplings!

I like to keep on my feet and moving when in labour and baking fit the bill ... so the midwives had lots of home made cakes to choose from plus tea, coffee and fruit juice ....

And chilled champagne for after the delivery :thumbup: :happydance: :happydance:

I baked in early labour with Ruby and made bread and the most amazing chocolate muffins that I've not been able to replicate since :dohh:

So yes, this! I think there will be some homemade cakes for them.

I baked in early labour with Ruby and made bread and the most amazing chocolate muffins that I've not been able to replicate since :dohh:

So yes, this! I think there will be some homemade cakes for them.

I was still icing cakes when the midwives arrived - about an hour before I gave birth :haha:

mmmmmmm CAKES

ye damn id really like some cake now lol

tbh untill id seen this i wasnt really thinking of the midwife more 'i hope the sheets i got protect my floor and bed lol

think ill be nice and get in some tea biscuits and juice altho i cant get it to early as i will no doubt eat and drink the lot lol

mmmmmmm CAKES

ye damn id really like some cake now lol

tbh untill id seen this i wasnt really thinking of the midwife more 'i hope the sheets i got protect my floor and bed lol

think ill be nice and get in some tea biscuits and juice altho i cant get it to early as i will no doubt eat and drink the lot lol

My midwife always used to say that midwives are like chefs ... some make more mess than others and that hospital midwives are the worst for making a mess because they aren't the ones who have to clean up :haha:

In all honesty there was very little to clear away - I had a plastic decorating sheet over the mattress and a ton of old sheets but hardly any got used ... just one washing machine load :thumbup:

We had some food in but no chance to eat it, also we used a shower curtain from asda and that contained all mess, the midwife just kind of picked it up by the edges and put it in a bag to take away all we had to do was empty the unused pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->