SNS?

flower01

Expecting Baby 3!!
Reaction score
Hi all

I am wondering if anyone has used the Supplementary nursing system at all?

my 17 day old has never nursed well and after seeing various people from consultants to Lactation Consultants its come out that my baby is just too chilled and will latch beautifully but will not suckle to get the milk out.

the LC suggested some things but feedings still take over an hour and I have 2 other children to look after too so its hard work :(

the lc said today about the SNS and im wondering if its worth a try to get her suckling at the breast and then hopefully take it away once shes got the hang of it?!

opinions would be great.
this is my last resort or I am going to have to go down the formula route as her weight gain isn't great. im already having to top up. :(

im gutted, I really really wanted to ebf :cry:

xx

I would try the SNS. Otherwise you will always wonder if it would have worked for you. You could always start with just the breast and then after 15 or 20 minutes use the SNS to top her up at the breast.

Also have you tried feeding in a sling or a wrap? Then you could have hands free to do thing with your other children while LO is feeding.

Is it the little tube that you put next to your nipple? If so, I tried it....twice and got so frustrated with it!! My dh and I agree that if this happens with baby #2, we'll use an eye dropper (like the kind that you would give gripe water with). For us, we were instructed to supplement with the sns for 1-2 feds/day for 2 days.

Hope you have better luck with it than I did!! Fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->