So Angry!!

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So today we told close family, mainly so if anything should go wrong they could help us with DD and DS. MIL announced 'oh dear, not going to make this an annual event are we?' And SIL laughed saying 'well tv is rubbish at the moment'. I'm so so annoyed, why do people feel the need to say things like that :( im dreading telling everyone else now. Anyone else get a similar response when telling people?

I'm sorry that is very rude of them. Are they normally that way with you?

Well they aren't that keen on me, never have been, but that shocked me. Especially as we are so overjoyed at this pregnancy (after having DD we found out we had an extremely low egg count with very little chance of conceiving naturally again).

I know! I'm hoping other people's reactions will be slightly better, I'm scared now!

I haven't told my family and this will be my fourth. I don't anticipate them being overjoyed but I certainly would expect them to have a certain level of respect. I am a bit of a smarty pants so I would have said oh and it's twins surprise!! Lol. Just to give them something to chew on. Sounds like if they say that to your face they have a lot to say behind your back. To heck with them. Keep your distance as they sound emotionally toxic.

I haven't told my family and this will be my fourth. I don't anticipate them being overjoyed but I certainly would expect them to have a certain level of respect. I am a bit of a smarty pants so I would have said oh and it's twins surprise!! Lol. Just to give them something to chew on. Sounds like if they say that to your face they have a lot to say behind your back. To heck with them. Keep your distance as they sound emotionally toxic.

That describes them perfectly! I'm still very upset by it. But we have just decided to keep our distance for now, don't need the stress. Hopefully other people will be a little kinder.

Our families are always thrilled with each new addition. But the reactions I'm getting from other people when I say we are expecting our third are shocking. Some people are kind and excited and congratulate us and many are just so rude about it. I think it's horrible. I'm so sorry your own family reacted that way. No excuse for that.

Thanks mrskatie. We thought they would be happy for us. We guessed they might of been shocked that we are expecting again so soon but we thought they would be a little excited too. Guess I was wrong. We are excited though so that's all that matters I guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->