so angry

foxyroxie

Reaction score
was talking to my HV last week about Rileys reflux and that hes on rantidine and the docs advised to give one less scoop to the ounce of water and today i went to get him weighed and had a different hv and explained the same to her and she was like the doctor said what and explained not to give him 1 less scoop then he supposed to cause it will make him worse and wont fill him up proply cause its watered down!! why the hell didnt the other midwife say this last time!! he weighs 13lb4oz and was 12lb8oz last time she said hes put on so much weight cause of it but its fine and she will just keep a eye on it now i dont want to go get him weighed again incase i have the other sstupid midwife she also advised to get some slow flow teats bought the tommee tippee ones and avent cause aint got a clue what will fit the doctor brown ones and thought they were slow flow anyway!! oh well so now the tommee tippee ones dont fit

Sorry about the rant Oh and the hv today is also going to have words with the doctor about the whole milk thing i thought it was w2eird when he said it now i feel so bad

All health visitors n midwives tell you different. Its a bloody nuisance. You get all different kinds of dr bornw teats, if you put any other kind of teat on it then it kind of ruins the purpose of the bottle, well thats what the instructions say if i remember right.

What kind of doctor was he!! It clearly states on the side of milk tubs never to add less or more scopes as it can be very dangerous to baby. Oh how great the nhs is!

Glad you got it sorted now x

thats dangerous cant believe they told you that but some say one thing and others say another they all contradict each other and i thought when a baby has reflux they have an operation on their tummy to fix the problem???

I cant believe your doc would say that , ( this is powdered milk we are talking about? ) I dont reconisge the brand you have said.

Anyway you dont put one less or one more , just exactly what it says on the tin. Otherwise its dangreous for baby and make them unwell.

Midwifes and HV always say different things! Very annoying! x

When Caitlin was poorly the doctor told me 1 less scoop too - when I spoke to my Auntie she mentioned the same thing! I don't think its dangerous but shoudl only do it if a health profession has adviced.... 1 more scoop would be bad for the chidl though.

strange u say that wobbles cuz all my mums friends told me if he is hungry after his feed regularly to add an extra scoop..we didn't lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->