So anxious about third baby!

Elo5

Reaction score
Due to have my third baby in less than a week! I’m feeling so heavy and so much pressure down below, feel like iv been kicked down there 👎🏻 I know there’s nothing that can be done but I’m really frightened of complications like shoulders getting stuck, big tear again ( previous 3rd and 2nd) blood loss, a prolapse and terrified of the post blood loss and clots! 😩 I’m driving myself mad thinking about it all! Started maternity leave a couple weeks ago so now just sat thinking about it non stop. Very panicked and anxious about it all! Just need to get it off my chest👎🏻

totally understandable to be nervous, especially since you are so close! and have had some tears before.
it's good to talk about it though and get it off your chest like you said. try not to get yourself too worked up, hard not to though, i know! i have just over 3 weeks left and it sorta hit me today that i am really going to have another baby!!! i have been so swamped while pregnant tending to my other children, that it just hasn't quite sunk in.
hope the next few days go by quickly so you can get to holding your baby!

Oh my God, everything that's happened to you happened to me!! I'm also on my third, my 3rd degree was with my first (forceps delivery with episiotomy too) and 2nd degree with my 2nd (wasn't too bad, stitched by midwife no theatre trip and healed well). I'm just hoping its stretched well enough down there and I will come out a little less battered this time. It is an anxious time though. Good luck xx

Juliet11 This baby wasn’t exactly planned so I still feel like I’m reminding myself what’s happening everyday! I’m the same, been so busy with my 2 girls that this pregnancy has gone so fast i don’t think iv come to terms with it yet 🙈

CB33 I also had forceps and episiotomy with first! My placenta got stuck with first aswell, no epidural in at the time either 👎🏻 I was taken to theatre for placenta to be removed and third degree repaired with a spinal block put in. I asked my midwife if I’m making the right choice having another natural birth and she seems to think so, I just hate the thought of planning a c section but terrified of a prolapse or shoulders being stuck with 2 previous big babies (8.11oz & 9.6oz)
Thankyou ladies for replying, I can’t talk to my husband anymore about it because he doesn’t understand how it feels and he just kind of says what will be will be nothing we can do. He’s not anxious about it obviously lol xxx

There are very effective birthing positions for when baby's shoulders get stuck. It might be worth looking into. I looked into it because I knew I was having a big baby. He turned out to be 11lbs but thankfully didn't have big shoulders :).

:hugs:
I had a tonne of pressure and felt like I'd been booted up the vagina at the end of my pregnancy with my 3rd, I worried a bit about tearing/shoulder dystocia (I had a bad tear with my 1st and shoulder dystocia with my 3rd which was quickly resolved but still gave me a real worry about it happening again and worse) but my 3rd little one just shot out leaving no damage behind :haha: just a small 1st degree tear which was no bother.

When I squat down cleaning or something, it feels like my insides are about to fall out.. I’ve stopped cleaning now! Ha 😂

I think it's good to get things off your chest and talk about it with other people who have experienced similar/Same.

I'm due my 2nd in 6 weeks time and as the days and weeks pass by the more anxious I'm becoming. I sometimes stop during the day and find myself thinking of it and I'm driving myself crazy! I do nothing but think the worse.

I didn't experience a 3rd degree but did have a 2nd and PPH (luckily didn't result in transfusion) and I just keep thinking that this time isn't going to go as well as I hoped haha. I think the fact my SIL experienced a 3rd degree not so long ago and I've seen how bad her experience was it's got me thinking the worse.

Like you, I try talking to my DH and he just says "whatever happens, happens" ... it's not his private parts being ripped to bits though haha.

Just seeing by now you must have had your LO unless you've gone over? How did it go?

Yes, how did it go ??? Hope all went well !!!

Doing a nightfeed, thought I’d check back 😊 Thankyou for the replies ladies! Induced 2 days overdue just incase this was another big baby and caused more damage! Born 23 hours after induction started. Had the string pessary 24 hours, then had dissolvable pessary in at midday, mild pains every 5 mins all day, 8.15 that night I decided it was unbearable, went on the gas and air and everything happened verryyy fast. I was so off my face on the stuff and the pressure during labour was unreal. I was checked (not sure what time this was) and was 4-5cm she broke my waters as that was the plan at 6oclock if they could but they hadn’t had chance to check as they were busy. So broke my waters and what I thought happened straight after (honestly lost track of time from the gas and air at this point) I was saying i needed to push because the pressure was crazy!! Told me not to, pushed anyway! Checked me what felt like straight after and was fully dialated! Hubby reckoned I was pushing for about 20 mins, they lost his heartbeat while pushing partly probably because I was moving about the bed abit but because he had moved down so fast, put the little clip on his head, there was no push pant stop! I just pushed him out because the pressure I couldn’t stand, born at 22.12, they said first degree tear but had no stitches! Wahoo! 8 pound 7 ounce aswell 😁😁 im just a week post partum now and feel as though Iv nearly healed, still got the pressure, I brought home a few diamond shaped pots from the hospital to wee standing up with but past couple days I’m managing to sit on the toilet. Scary shocking fast birth, can’t remember much but that’s not a bad thing lol! Got my lovely little boy here now! Iv passed a few small clots in the first few days but my blood loss is so minimal it’s crazy! All went the opposite of what I expected. Only thing now is the pressure still there, feel like somethings falling out and getting a lot of trapped air down there so I sit and feel a bubble sort of pop out( sorry tmi!!!) hopefully with time this will pass and a soon as I get all sensation back there I’ll be doing those pelvic floor exercises all day long 😂 sorry if this is long, rambling, grammar errors, tired mama!! 💙💙💙

Congratulations! So glad it went well. Sounds similar to my 3rd birth. I wasn't induced but once it decided to get going it really got going! MW checked me and said I was 5cm, it was going to be a while yet. Then my waters broke and I was pushing. He was born something like 30mins after being checked and being 5cm. It was totally different from my other births that were long and drawn out.

Oyyyy (hug) Don`t worry too much. I was the same with my first son. I was so scared that I couldn`t make any decision. In the end it was way better that I have expected. of course it was my first time and I didn`t know what to expect but worrying is not helping at all so calm down and think about butterflies :))))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->