So confused / ovulation

callumsmummy

mommy to callum and WTT x
Reaction score
Ladies that are ttc. Iv been trying 2 years now. I read online having sex a few days leading upto ovulation is best and when you ovulate. How do I know 5 days before I ovulate tho ? How would I know the exact 5 days before I ovulate? Taking ovulation tests and they have been negative so far so I don’t even know when I ovulate never mind trying a few days before ovulation ? Any advice thanku xx

Hi there,

Pinpointing exactly 5 days before ovulation can be tricky for anyone, but you can usually get a good guess once you've been charting for a while and learn your cycle patterns. If you don't already, I'd recommend getting a fertility tracking app (Fertility Friend has a free one) that will track your periods, temps, and other signs. After a few months you should see some kind of typical pattern emerge for ovulation. Once you know that, you can take a good guess at what "five days before ovulation" will look like.

In the meantime, a good approach to getting the timing right is to start BDing every other day starting around cycle day 8 or 9, then BD three days in a row once you get a positive OPK, or through confirmed ovulation based on a temp rise. Theoretically, that should cover all your bases. :)

Hope this helps! Good luck! We've been trying for about two years, too - I'm on my second round of clomid this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->