so confused..

chipsticks

Reaction score
so from 4 am this morning I had shocking back cramps, that came in waves, started off easy peaked and then eased off. they went from 20 mins apart to between 7-10 mins apart. they continued till about 11:30 at the same frequency and intensity and then stopped. now I'm sitting here with a dull ache in my back...baby is moving as much as he/she normally would for day time....but my question is....were they contractions? am I at least heading in the right direction? would contractions be just in my back? I was so exhausted on DD that once the drip kicked in I have no clue what happened...:shrug: (I'm 40+1)

If I were you I'd give your labour ward/midwife a call for advice. I can't help much with what onset of contractions feels like because I was induced but I would be giving them a call. Good luck xx

All my labour with my sons was in my back . So could be :)
But on other hand I been getting this too all day yesterday then nothing today .

It could well be contractions.

I'd certainly give labour ward a quick ring and see what they say.

Best of luck x

assessment room dont want to see me till they are 4 mins apart...said as long as baby is moving and I can cope with the pain I've to stay at home but she hopes to see me "soon":cry: more pains today but no where near 4 mins! :(

I had 2 babies and both were 110% back labor, every contraction was a back cramp, never felt any period like pains or abdominal cramping like most do.... My stomach would get tight to the touch but all pain was in back..... I say that defiantly sounds like back labor to me!! Good luck!!! Some things to get them going steady, try sitting/bouncing on a giant labor (excercise) ball if u have one..... Walk walk walk! Sex/orgasm could help some , and nipple stimulation ! My nurse actually had me do that in the hospital (nip stim) so emberessing !!! Lol

thanks guys, pains finally got intense Wednesday at around 3:30, jumped from really irregular to 5 mins apart, he was born at 6:30! was very lucky to make it to the hospital in time! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->