So cross and frustrated!

Bonnie11

Where's the Stork?
Reaction score
Had my 36 week appt today. All on schedule for section at 38 weeks, they were just booking it in for 37+6 when the consultant came along and said he wanted me to wait for 39+2 as my fluid levels had gone down and growth was fine. Honestly I cried at him! My SPD is so bad I can barely walk now and am in agony 90% of the time, I know it's only an extra 10 days but to me it's a lifetime.. I can't do anything with my daughter, can't cook or get around and even driving her too and from school is the extent of my ability! I know he's just trying to do best by the baby but I'm so gutted I've just cried since he said it 😥

:hugs: that sounds awful, I'm so sorry!! End of pregnancy is hard enough but add on complications and thinking you knew when babe was coming I completely can understand why you are so upset! I hope it goes quickly for you!

I remember how hard the end is, and spd is awful. It's difficult when youve had a date in sight for the end and the goal post has been moved. Each week that the baby is Inside is better for him though. 39 weeks is better than 38. Hang in there, you've done this long, not far to go now x

I would have cried too having a date in my head and them then moving it 10 days.

The good news is babies growth is good, your fluid has returned to normal and an extra week in the womb is better for baby. Just keep reminding yourself of those things to try and get you through.

I have never had SPD so cannot begin to imagine how sore it is. Do you have anyone around you who can help. Ie drop your child at school for you or pick them up to save you that trip.

Thanks ladies. I know I'm being a bit silly but honestly the pain I'm in is never ending. And having an end date in sight and then being taken away was too devastating. I just don't think they understand how debilitating SPD can be, just felt like they thought it was a bit annoying rather than total bloody agony!!! But I know you're right, the longer he is in the better. Unfortunately I don't have anyone that can do the school run easily for me, I don't have much family about and my husbands family all live abroad. I have some help lined up for after the section but I think i will need it more with my older then than now! I get no rest, I have restless legs something awful so when I sit down I'm still uncomfortable and itchy, when I sleep at night the SPD wakes me up and then I have insomnia. I just feel like all I do is moan!! I'm just trying to keep focused on a healthy baby and staying sane in the meantime 😬

Lots of hugs. The end is so uncomfortable and exhausting anyway but more so with SPD.

Can you talk to your consultant about this? Maybe see if you can meet halfway and make them take your physical symptoms into account, which really they shouldn do anyway. Maybe 38+4?

Really sorry that happened, I know how much you were looking forward to getting the date set! And I'm feeling some of your pain now in terms of the goalposts being moved as loraloo put it!! However you are feeling actual pain 😳 😱 Like pp said couldn't they compromise a bit? Even bringing it forward just a few days might make you feel better surely. Baby + relief from pain are right around the corner. Meanwhile I'll wait extremely impatiently with you! And fail to take my own advice about relaxing about it 🙄 Haha...

Thanks ladies, I feel a bit better about it today. I'm going to speak to my midwife next Tuesday (will be 37+3) and beg her to get the consultant to bring it forward (I see the hospital midwife because of GD and they work in the same dept). I'm hoping to schedule it for 38 weeks. I have an appt with consultant on 30th but it's only a few days before my planned section so even if he agreees to pull it forward then with the pre op etc I don't think I will gain any time. Will just have to see what they say! Fingers crossed x

I didn’t have spd but am so sorry you are dealing with this. Now is supposed to be a happy time, right? And time goes by more slowly when you are dealing with pain, but this too will pass. Soon you will have your baby taking up your time and this will be just a memory. Hang in there, you can do it. I have prayed for your situation. Blessings.

Thanks ladies, I feel a bit better about it today. I'm going to speak to my midwife next Tuesday (will be 37+3) and beg her to get the consultant to bring it forward (I see the hospital midwife because of GD and they work in the same dept). I'm hoping to schedule it for 38 weeks. I have an appt with consultant on 30th but it's only a few days before my planned section so even if he agreees to pull it forward then with the pre op etc I don't think I will gain any time. Will just have to see what they say! Fingers crossed x

I hope your midwife can help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->