so fucking deprssed all i want to do is cry.

Lydiarose

Reaction score
Ive been on atkins for 2 weeks and lost almost 8pounds and today i felt so so ill i nearly passed out my mil convinced me to have a off day and have some chips and i feel like fucking crap.

i hate hate HATE the way i look im just over 11 stone was 13.5 stone at 39 weeks and pre preg i was 8 stone i want to be back there so badly and i feel like im just destined to be fat i am so weak its unbelievable

also i thought your supposed to loose 14iibs by now on atkins?? iv just been on teen parenting also the post pregnancy thread and everyones back in size 6 and 8 im crying my eyes out i feel so desperatly unhappy with myself ;(

atkins is a bad way to lose weight in my opinion, there are lots of us the same in here :hugs: my LO is nearly 18months and i still havnt lost all baby weight yet! the best way to lose weight is healthy diet and excercise, cutting out any food group is a bad idea you will lose weight but feel shit and end up gaining again, and hard to stick to, i start weightwatchers 2weeks ago and lost 4lbs so far, the slower your weight loss is the easier it is to keep off and your less likely to go saggy too, last year i did calorie counting and lost over 2stone, its hard work but you will get there, dont worry what other people have done just focus on getting your body back to how you want it, eat healthy and at least 1200cals a day (more if you excercise) and you will see results and feel good! :hugs: xx

Aktins i dont like, reason you felt like that was because your body isnt getting insulin spike from the carbs, as your not eating enough carbs.

I recommend you go onto a healthy balanced diet with lots of water & exercise, you will feel so much better in yourself, so much energy wont feel like passing out.

Ive put on over 8st wth 2 kids i know its hard, ive still got good 33lb left to go.

If want to change over to a new eating plan, ive got tips/advice on 1st post on my journal x

I've been on Atkins before and its horrid :( I lasted about 6 weeks and had terrible skin and felt crap the entire time. South Beach diet was a bit better but tbh, I'd just stick to a sensible and balanced eating program if you want to lose weight and keep it off.

Im 7 months PP and all iv done since birth is put on weight :dohh:

Your doing brilliantly! But i think its time to kick out the atkins, Look into eating healthy balanced meals and excersise. Eat pleantly of salad,veg and fruit. eat brown rice and chicken. Get some carbs down your kneck! Iv lost 7lbs in 2 weeks doing this, and have not felt hungry at all, i feel miles better in myself and havent missed anything.

Good luck hun :hugs:

Hun I agree with the others please try a programme with a balanced diet!!! Ww, rosemary conely, slimming world etc.

I lost 8pounds in two weeks on both ww and rc before. I have lost 1 stone doing my own made up version in just over 5 weeks.

If u eat a varied diet u get all the nutrients and you won't feel so I'll. Plus a slightly slower but more consistent weight loss over time will stay off. Just be patient, you'll do it :) xx

Atkins, south beach.. they re all fad diets. Fad diets do not work. Sure you lose a lot of weight at first but it is not healthy to live off of them. They are a short term solution, once u going back to eating what you were before ur weight will pile back on...

The most effective option to lsoe weight id change ur diet to eating healthy and exercise.

-Always eat breakfast, if you dont ur body thinks it is being starved and will store ur next meal as fat.
-Ditch the 3 big meals a day and eat 5-6 smaller ones. This will be 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks (fruit/veg/protein snacks)
-Try to introduce protein in to ur diet, it keeps u fuller for longer and therefore u dont feel the need to snack. Also it will help repair muscles after working out(fish/nuts/chicken are all good protein snacks)
- Dont cut out fat and carbs. You need these in ur diet. Depending what u eat and what type of carbohydrate u have can have a significant impact on energy for exercise and across the day. (Try and have wholemeal breads/pasta/rice as they are lower in GI and will release energy more slowly and will keep ur energy levels balanced so u wont have a dip in energy that may lead to reaching for the sugary treats)

Hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->