So glad I'm not alone in this

Alison

Reaction score
My pregnancy has failed. That is what I was told yesterday. I'm very sad, disappointed and feel a huge sense of loss. I have to have an injection today as they're not sure whether the failed pregnancy was ectopic or inuterine. The injection will terminate it wherever it is to save me having to have an invasive operation called a laparoscopy. My only relief is that this happened early. I thought I was 6 weeks pregnant when the spotting really started to signify all was not well and my scans have all been completely blank. We all have to be strong and think that there is a reason for mother nature not blessing us with a successful pregnancy this time. Stay strong and we're here for each other. x

I am so sorry for you sweetheart. I know how much that hurts and how sad you must feel. But as you said it yourself ''Stay strong, we are here for you''

Am sorry you are going thru this Alison. All of us who had miscarriages feel devastated when happens. Mine just happened a while ago so I know how you feel, and this is my second one.

I hope you feel better, and do all tests needed before trying again. We are all scared to death to have the same experience, but the wanting of a baby is much more than the fear isnt it?

Big hug :hugs:

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I had my fifth miscarriage just last week and the feeling of loss was incredible, I know just how devastated you must be feeling
I am glad I found this site, it made me realise I am not alone. I totally echo your sentiment "Stay strong" -it WILL happen someday
have a big hug :hugs:

i am really sorry for you hun, you know we are all here for you x x

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. We are here for you.

Thank you everyone for your messages. I had another nightmare day yesterday and felt ready to snap.

The injection wasn't done as we were told there were no consultants available to sign the paperwork, which we later found was not true. My husband ended up ringing the ward every hour for an update getting more and more angry whilst I became hysterical. In the end he demanded answers and they said I could go in and see the consultant at 5.30pm when he was back from a neighbouring hospital. We finally saw him at 6pm.

I am due to have the injection today. He said I'm a medical enigma and they're baffled by me. My blood count is not typical of an ectopic pregnancy as it's so high, but with the absence of anything in the uterus they are 60% sure it is ectopic as it's the only explanation they can find. After 45 minutes with him and more tears, I left knowing I'll have the injection today. I just want this to be over with and what an incredible nightmare. I started having mild cramps and period type pains yesterday and I've still got them today. I'm praying my period will come and I'll naturally miscarry, but so far nothing, just the brown spotting continuing. I'm so angry with my body for getting this so very wrong.

Do any of you feel this anger? x

I'm so sorry Alison. :hugs: PM if you need to talk.

Hi everyone,
Thanks again for your messages of support. I feel better now. I had the injection yesterday at 1pm and it wasn't so bad. I don't have a fear of needles and it was a short injection into my thigh. I had started having a mild pain on the left-hand side of my abdomen so I think it was an ectopic pregnancy. I was very relieved to have the injection and to feel something was being done to sort me out.

This morning the pain has reduced to a mild ache and I think I'm starting to miscarry as I've just been to the loo and there's quite a lot of dark red blood and clots (sorry if tmi). I never thought I'd be relieved to see it but I was. I hope this means my body is recovering and my previously reliable, 28-day cycle will return and we can start trying again soon.

I'm not out of the woods completely yet until I have my blood tests next week and the hcg levels drop, but the signs are looking good. x

Best of luck to you Alison.

We are all here for you if you need to talk.

Here's to us all having healthy and happy pregnancies in 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->