SO HAPPY! looks like i get my homebirth!!!

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I just wanted to announce that! I am just so happy and excited and relieved!
My insurance does not cover homebirth, but they were willing to cover the same MWs at a free standing birth center birth...well we worked something out with the MWs and since its likely i'll have another posterior baby, and since the baby will be here in the dead of winter, and because the FSBC is at least a one hour drive away (on a nice summer day, no construction), they have decided to come to me! :yipee: i am SOOOOOOOO excited!!! AH, this is such great news! I know my birth will be much better in my own home!

Will the MW supply everything, or will i have to? :shrug: if so, then what items do i need?

Wow, that's fantastic news! :thumbup:

The midwives left me a bag of stuff which had dressings, aprons, gloves, sample bags, loads of leaflets and not much else in it. They brought a resuscitator, Entonox, pethidine, needles etc with them when they came to me during labour (all remained unused in the corner of the living room).

I bought a shower curtain and some large dark red towels and that was it (apart from the normal baby things you need of course lol).

I was told to make sure there was an area for them to check the baby over, just with a changing mat and a couple of towels on so I did that as well but that was it.

HTH :flower:

xx

Im so excited!

I just thought i would announce that :blush:
it has been SUCH a go with insurance...we may not be upping our insurance for 2012, but at least we know we could afford her...and if i were to end up in a c-section then the hospital has a program we qualify for, and i wont end up having to pay very much, if any at all. so thats a relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->