So I am now worried

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
I have my date, its all good but what if I go into labour first :dohh:

Liam has to stay put till 39 weeks 5 days, I cant believe last time I wanted Rhys to come after about 38 weeks

I just hope Liam is lazy like his big brother who was 8 days overdue

i went into labor a week before my c-section date with my daughter. my dr came in and told me i was still going to have a c-section. if you already have one scheduled they usually stick with it, unless your labor is going quick. if that happens to you, call your dr on the way to the hospital and say you still want the c-section. they will do it for you. Don't worry!! everything will be fine!

I'm worried too! My c-section is scheduled for May 8 and I'll be 39 + 5. I would rather have had it right at 39 but my OB is on holidays the first week of May. Granted, this is my first baby so most people would expect to go late but I'm already 100% effaced so I'm just hoping to make it another week! If not, then I won't have my own doctor doing the surgery and I really don't like the thought of meeting some strange doctor right before he/she cuts me open. It just doesn't sit well with me at all.

yes this happened to my friend with her first, she was scheduled to have section at 38 weeks and went into labor at 36 weeks :-S all was fine she just ended up having to rush down to the hospital for a quick 'elective' section. im so worried that this will happen too though, mine should be at 38 weeks this time, was at 39 weeks last time but was an emergency. x

I have the same fear! This will be my 3rd section. With my first I was induced and labored for 24 hours and never dilated over 1 cm. Baby was in distress so had to have an emergency csection. With my second it was a scheduled csection at 39 weeks. This pregnancy has been SO different. I have never had any contractions before other than when I was induced, but with this baby I have been having braxton hicks for about a month now. I'm afraid I won't know what to do if I go into real labor!!

this happened to me with my little guy . was due my c/s on 24th of april he had other plans tho . my water broke on the 16th and i went in to labour they did my c/s that day on the 16th . it was my 3rd c/s and 4th baby so dont know if that makes a diffrence :flower:

I am the opposite. I'd love to go into labor before my scheduled date :shrug:
I'd prefer to have my LO decide when she wants to come as opposed to force her out.

That said, if it happened, I'd rush to the hospital and still have my c-section. I'd have to call them on my way there and have them assembly all the staff as well :nope:

I book my date on Wed and I am going to request it for 39wks 2d or more. I also would love to go into labour before my section so I know my girl is ready to come. With DS I had no signs of labour at all before my section at 38 wks and his weak spot is his lungs, he breathed fine at birth but since he was 17 mons he has had bronchialitis 3 times that required breathing treatments in hospital and every fall/winter he gets illness induced asthma :(. After doing some research I am convinced this is because he was born before he was quite ready.

If I do go into labour before my section date I will just contact my midwife to let her know and heard to the hospital.

Babies are perfectly fine to be born at or after 39 weeks...the odds of complications with the baby are very low. I would much rather have surgery in a controlled and non-rushed environment then have to deal with an "emergency section.

I actually went into labour the morning I was scheduled for my section...which was lucky as the OR was full for the day so I would have been sent home to wait for the next day if I wasn't already labouring!

I think its cos I never thought I would have a natural birth with this pregnancy and I know it will end up in a EMCS again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->