So I bought ovulation tests and Im utterly confused by the results of two of them.

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
Ok so I'm on CD7, and I always thought that I ovulated the second my period stopped because of my EWCM.

So I did an ovulation test at midday, it's negative. I did one tonight and it's MORE negative - as in the test line is even lighter than the previous one.

What does this mean?

That I'm heading away from ovulation?!

No. It just means it's negative, you shouldn't compare ovulation tests, the amount of lh in your body each day varies.

You ideally need to be testing around the same time each day too, good luck!

OPKs are ovulation predictor kits, they are helpful in predicting ovulation but do not actually test if ovulation happens. The only way to know if you ovulated is through temping, a vagina ultra sound or if you end up pregnant. EWCM can also be a helpful impending ovulation predictor but some women get it at multiple times throughout their cycle so that is not reliable. Keep on testing, probably should to twice a day.

HippyMumma23, I thought the same thing because if my CM. My period only lasts anywhere from 4-6 days and this past month, it was 4 total and I had somewhat of EWCM around cd6/7. But it seems way more abundant now and closer to what it should be like so I think I am heading into ovulation now. It's really confusing!! Good luck!!

Hi - it is very unlikely that you would ovulate so closely to finishing your period. Generally you would have to have a very short cycle, and long period for that to be possible.

I'm using ovulation tests at the moment, and I'm not sure I get them!! The line seems to be getting darker, but I sometimes think I want to see more than I am actually seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->