So i got my little one home but...

xUniquex

Tandem feeding Mum
Reaction score
well he finally came home 2 weeks after birth,which is fabulous considering her was born at 32+5!

He's BF on demand and gaining weight well,3 weeks and 1 day old today and already passed his birth weight by far!!! 4lb 14oz born and now a lovely 5lbs 8oz!

But (and i feel awful saying this) i dont think i have bonded with him at all!

I feel so guilty as i feel i am just doing the essentials for him,feeding,changing etc i just dont FEEL anything :(

dont even know what i am doing posting this here tbh , i just need to let it out as i'm too scared of telling my H.V or the Neonatal nurse !

Yo know what hun, at first, I felt like I was just going through the motions with Alex. As her little personality came through, it got easier. :hugs:

Its totally normally xxx

aw you will eventually its just been such an emeotional and difficult time for you I can imagine, keep trying and I will say if it doesnt get any better speak to someone they will totally understand I had terrible post natal depression last time and speaking to my midwife and health visitor was such relief xx

aww hun, give it time. Once my baby started waking up more i bonded with him more and when he gave me his first smile i melted! Its bringing tears to my eyes thinking about it, it was just such a big thing, but it made a world of difference! Congratulations btw xxx

thank you for youjr replies,i guess i feel a bit betetr knowing it may be normal,i just feel so guilty for feeling nothing :(

I think its normal what your feeling.. Its been a rough few weeks as it is with most preemie mums! I think we would be lying if we said we bonded immediately. We probably all had a rocky patch but you will get there! :hugs:

well i spoke to my OH last night about how i feel and i wish i had never said anything!
He actusally asked me if i 'don't want' our son!

I knew i should have kept my mouth shut :(

Please speak to a professional, the neonatal nurses won't judge and will want to help you.

Let us know how things go, you just need some support x

well i spoke to my OH last night about how i feel and i wish i had never said anything!
He actusally asked me if i 'don't want' our son!

I knew i should have kept my mouth shut :(

Honey men will NEVER fully understand how women feel. But just know that it may take some time but i'm VERY sure that you will feel something in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->